Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Coming out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not a clue where to put this!

But i decided on this forum beacuse of underlying issues ..

so, yeah.. im gay. Think i have been for a while, but only recently accepted it myself.
A few friends know.. and ive told my stepmum.. i think she hasnt told my dad, so that i can tell him myself :/

Im quite happy and comfortable to come out completely... my one problem is my mum.
Things are not good between us...there has never been a relationship between me and my mum, but now things are getting worse.. (i dont want advice on this really, its just background info) Anyway, im moving out as soon as i can, i dont want to cut her off completely though, i still hope for a future where we can get on... so my problem is that, i don't want to leave my mum out...but communication is so strained between us....i can't see this conversation ever happening!

Should i go ahead and tell other people..... or should i talk to my mum first, if so advice on how to please!!

Comments

• Options
    If you tell others before your mum, she may end up hearing it from others.

I agree with your stepmum not telling your dad - it's better he hears it from you.
  • Options
    Tell who you want to tell. If you two can't talk about it properly, write her a letter [doesn't have to be in person, snailmail is a option], you could also include what you want to happen from the future (as in you two getting along), you already did that here. :)