Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What am I doing wrong??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bit of an odd one for me to voice up on - but I have had enough of singlehood:blush:
I have been trying for ages to catch a date but I keep getting rejected blah blah
But I'm starting to wonder why i turn guys off :-/
Been single for about 3 years now and I fear I have lost my edge - any advice out there?
I'll let you know a lil about me mostly what I consider turn offs:
  • I'm slightly over weight - but it is being worked on.
  • my mum lives with me along with bro and sis
  • workaholic
  • hate girly things - so quite a tomboy
  • enjoy mechanical things - for me getting dirty with a bloke is still our heads under a hood and playing with an engine or motorbike talk :S
  • more seriously is that i find it difficult to show emotions and affection - but this is being worked on too (slowly)
  • sometimes take the banter and craic too far

Anyone got good tips feel free to blast em my way cause I can do witgh them :O
Feel free to rip the sh1te outta this too I'll just take it on the chin

Cheers peeps xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe improve your confidence if need be?
    Hey K-Dwagg, this isn't an 'odd one' at all, you say you've been single for a while and been rejected a few times - it's totally normal to start wondering why and question if it's something that you're doing wrong. Try not to be too hard on yourself though!

As Melian says it may be that a bit of a confidence boost might help but it doesn't sound like you're all that lacking in confidence - you know who you are and you know what you want, by the sounds of it.

You mention the things you're working on and it's great to hear you're aware that there's a few things that you'd like to improve, by all means keep working on these as much as you feel you need to :)

It sounds like you need to find a guy that's on your level, in to similar things and up for a laugh. There's nothing wrong with being a tom boy so it may be about waiting for the right person to come along?

Saying it's just a matter of time may be the case but you could also have a think about something practical you could do to meet more people. Where do you usually meet guys? Maybe you could think about joining a club or doing some outdoorsy volunteering where you might meet the kind of guy that you're looking for?
    :chin:
    Jo7 wrote: »
    It sounds like you need to find a guy that's on your level, in to similar things and up for a laugh. There's nothing wrong with being a tom boy so it may be about waiting for the right person to come along?

:yes:
    You may find that having similar interests helps a lot. There's nothing worse than dating someone who has completely different interests, therefore, not that much to talk about.