Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Shaving is the norm for 20%+ of mankind

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Traditions report:

"Ten are the practices of fitrah (inborn natural disposition of believe in God): clipping the moustache, letting the beard grow, using the tooth-stick (siwaak), snuffing water up the nose, cutting the nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving the pubic hairs and cleaning one's private parts with water." The narrator said: 'I have forgotten the tenth, but it may have been rinsing the mouth.'

"Five practices are characteristics of the fitrah: circumcision, shaving the pubic hairs, cutting the moustache short, clipping the nails and plucking the hair of the armpits."

Circumcision is nothing new - from the time of Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) Jews and Muslims continue the practice. Early Christians followed it but it was made unnecessary.

Shaving/trimming the armpits does reduce the smell of sweat. It's good hygienic practice for the pubic hair too. They should be trimmed/shaved at least every 40 days max.

Interesting or plain weird?

Comments

• Options
    Yes yes, we know...Islam is greater than all.
  • Options
    Interesting or plain weird?

plain weird :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

plain weird :p

Seconded :p
  • Options
    I belielve that the different ways of religion should be kept apart and that we should not try to imitate there belief. I'm sure the Christian faith would like to learn a little bit of the other faith as a mark of respect, but we must be allowed to do our 'own thing' in our religion.
  • Options
    *onward christian soldiers, marching onto war, with the cross of Jesus................................................................*

oops sorry ..............................thought I was on the wrong forum for a minute................................oh actually I am:o

Sorry Ill just get back to the religous forum

*Jesus wants me for sunbeam*:) :)