Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

witchcraft at uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hey i have an exam on witchcraft coming up I was wondering if anyone has ever done a unit on it and if you have do you have any good revision notes/sites? x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Nope, but just out of interest- what subject is that for?
  • Options
    history
  • Options
    Did you not get a reading list from your tutor?

Are you studying the witchcraft trials in the middle ages? The legislation against witchcraft (for example, the Witchcraft Act which was repealed in the 1950s)? More contemporary branches of witchcraft? Witch doctors?

What have you been learning about so far?

Edited to add:

WitchVox
    Religious Tolerance site

I would be careful what you look at mind... Different sources have different perspectives on witchcraft... Just for example, the claim that Wicca is one of the oldest religions in the world, when other people would say that it's a new age religion ect
  • Options
    Which period? Which part of the world? It varies enormously. A good overall guide (which must be on your reading list I suppose) is Religion and the Decline of Magic by Keith Thomas.
  • Options
    im doing middle ages between 1450-1750 ish thanks :)
  • Options
    I did about Witchcraft at university when studying the History of Science and Religion units. I don't have any notes from then though as it was ages ago. It was interesting though. Good luck!
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I did about Witchcraft at university when studying the History of Science and Religion units. I don't have any notes from then though as it was ages ago. It was interesting though. Good luck!

[random]My ex took that class, she really enjoyed it (but it was at least 3 years after you left).[/random]