Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Welcome to the new look discussion boards!

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm on page 5 :-/
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The clock is being strange:

It's set to the correct ime. If I go to the boards home page, it's one hour behind. (ie, it's shows **cupcake**'s post as 9:51pm) If I click to go to the most recent thread / post, it shows the correct time. So, now it shows **cupcake**'s post as 10:51pm
    Can embed youtube clips. Awesome!

I have a feeling that I will use this loads:
    Talk about easily pleased... :p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Small nitpick:
    The box where you can change forums at the bottom of each page is always scrolled to the top, rather than showing the forum you're currently at. I suppose that's difficult to change given that it's not a normal select box, but perhaps anchors would help.
    Melian wrote: »
    Can someone please explain the following to me:

According to a thread in waste time, I was on the second to last page. I clicked on the final page number and it took me to where I was previously?
    That used to happen before too, sometimes. I call it a "ghost page".
    Basically it seems that a lot of posts got deleted (usually because a user got completely deleted) and the thread's page count didn't get updated.
    I noticed what you'll see in the attachment. I think it's in the "wide" themes.
    When you do the 'Search new posts' or whatever its called now, it brings up all posts you haven't looked at. Previously there used to be a break line that said 'These posts have not been updated since you last visited but still contain unread posts'.

Is there anyway to get that back?
    I noticed what you'll see in the attachment. I think it's in the "wide" themes.

Thanks for this Indrid, it seems like a browser issue.. :chin:
    When you do the 'Search new posts' or whatever its called now, it brings up all posts you haven't looked at. Previously there used to be a break line that said 'These posts have not been updated since you last visited but still contain unread posts'.

I miss this too Scary, will have a look in to for you :yes:
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Thanks for this Indrid, it seems like a browser issue.. :chin:
    I think it's a low resolution issue, after all. I'm using FF4 both at home and the office, but my office computer has a low resolution (1024x768). It appears that way there but not at home.
    Woop for the embedded video.

Boo to the generic vb favicon!

Also boo to how the whole page seems to reload when I click quick reply - didn't it used to just load the additional box at the bottom? Or maybe it's just slower and I only notice it now. Hmm.

It would also be nice to have the quick reply and post reply buttons at the bottom, but maybe that's just me. It's also gonna take me a while to get used to having new posts at the left instead of in the middle!
    So what's this whole 'Friends' thing?
    Hey Scary,

There's a bit about how it works in the FAQ here: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_friends_contacts

It also means that in your profile privacy settings and general settings you can choose for example if you only let your contacts/friends PM you or view your contact info etc.

:thumb:
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I have 10 ;)
    Awesome init, I just go adding random people who I think are sound xx
    OK, so I get the technical bit - what I don't get is the point?
    I don't really see the point either, unless you want to be restrictive about your contact details. Which seems a bit pointless on such a public website:
    It comes into play more with additional functionality that we're not currently using such as groups and photo albums. So for now, it's not something I'd worry too much about ;)
    That's cool, just wanted to check I hadn't missed anything fundamental.

I will continue in my happy oblivion ignoring friends on the boards and PM'ing anyone I need to talk to.
    it'll be good when all the problems/bugs are ironed out. its putting me off visiting at the moment because its quite annoying :|
    This may have already come up but I use the 'jump to last post' button a lot but it seems to get cut off if someone has a long user name. I've tried using the wide skin but that doesn't make a difference.

If it matters, I'm using Chrome.
    I've noticed 2 things. Firstly I can't jump to the last unread post, and secondly it no longer displays the time and date of a post. I'm using IE9.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I've noticed 2 things. Firstly I can't jump to the last unread post, and secondly it no longer displays the time and date of a post. I'm using IE9.
    Again, make sure compatibility mode is off with IE.
    As for the jumping to the last post, the link is at top of threads but it might be difficult to see (even if you don't have the compatibility mode problem) on some styles.

Wasn't the "friends" thing there in the previous version too? At least, I think I remember something that was the opposite of an ignore list.
    piccolo wrote: »
    This may have already come up but I use the 'jump to last post' button a lot but it seems to get cut off if someone has a long user name. I've tried using the wide skin but that doesn't make a difference.

If it matters, I'm using Chrome.

Thanks for this piccolo, I noticed this happening today as well so it's on the list for fixes.

The links and hyperlinks in posts should now be working guys so feel free to try it out - the underline should be back :thumb:
    Wasn't the "friends" thing there in the previous version too? At least, I think I remember something that was the opposite of an ignore list.

"Favourites", but it didn't tell them they were on your favourites list.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    "Favourites", but it didn't tell them they were on your favourites list.

Yep, it did work same as friends in terms of functionality though - e.g. you can select to only receive PMs from your 'friends' as you could with favourites.
    Is it just my thingy under my name that's disappeared?
    Your user title, SM? Franki and **helen** still have theirs.
    Is it just my thingy under my name that's disappeared?
    I can see yours...
    piccolo wrote: »
    I can see yours...

Me too...

ETA: Wait, didn't yours used to say something that was related to your username, SM? NOW I GET WHAT YOU MEAN.
    ETA: Wait, didn't yours used to say something that was related to your username, SM?

Oh yeah. What happened to 'hear her roar'?
    That's what I meant, words definitely aren't my strong point today.

Possibly, just possibly linked to drinking raspberry vodka at 3am this morning.
This discussion has been closed.