Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Medication check-ups - this can't be right, can it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In January 2010, I was put on some medication and in April 2010 changed because I wasn't getting on with it. In June 2010, I moved home. I've been on this medication for a year now. I get 2 tubes each time, which lasts between 6-8 weeks. (I found that when my eyes were really dry, a tube would only last me a few weeks)

I know when a check-up is due, a message is printed on the counterfoil. (white part of prescription) If my maths is correct, I wouldn't get one until around September-ish. (I need to get some in May; check-up due in June - will need more in July - probably get the message then) That can't be right, can it?

I will talk to my GP on Monday; but it doesn't seem right to me. They do know that I tend to get medication every 6-8 weeks. I did have to ask for 2 tubes and explained that they tend not to last me that long.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry I'm confused.

Are you saying that you have been asked to come in for a medication check-up but don't think one is due?

If so, whom is asking - GP, Consultant or Pharmacist?
  • Options
    Sorry I'm confused.

Are you saying that you have been asked to come in for a medication check-up but don't think one is due?

If so, whom is asking - GP, Consultant or Pharmacist?

Other way around. I think I'm due one, having been on the same medication for 12 months and had no check ups. I just collect my medication and have had changes twice (one because I moved and the other because I needed more) and that's been it.

Unless there's no rule regarding how long between reviews? Although I think my parents get theirs done yearly. (same surgery)
  • Options
    Ah right.

Yes it's worth asking, especially at this time of the year because it's the busiest - they will just have been making sure they have done all of their Long Term Illness reviews to maximise their annual income as a practice - and so it's possible that this has been overlooked.