Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I 'like' my friend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, i recently started liking a girl whom i am also good friends with. But i'm not sure what to do. Like, do i risk a loss of friendship and go after her in a relationship sorta' way. Or do i just accept that we are friends and not bother?
It's just that i really like her and seem to like her more and more each day. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! :D

xx

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    theoallen wrote: »
    Basically, i recently started liking a girl whom i am also good friends with. But i'm not sure what to do. Like, do i risk a loss of friendship and go after her in a relationship sorta' way. Or do i just accept that we are friends and not bother?
    It's just that i really like her and seem to like her more and more each day. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! :D

    xx

    Go for it, and don't bother spending any more time thinking up excuses for not trying it.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd also say go for it and don't worry, afterall she's not the only fish in the pond. :) good luck!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    Go for it, and don't bother spending any more time thinking up excuses for not trying it.

    the amount of times I've done what spliffie has just said not to do and regretted it is huge, even if they do say no then you should be able to work around it but thats a problem you may never need to cross!
    good luck if you go for it
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've had guy friends ask me out before and although i said no, we didnt let it affect our relationship at all, we're still good friends, so as long as you're both mature about it there's no reason you need to lose her as a friend.

    I say ask her out, otherwise you'll forever be kicking yourself wondering what might have happened.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I've had guy friends ask me out before and although i said no, we didnt let it affect our relationship at all, we're still good friends, so as long as you're both mature about it there's no reason you need to lose her as a friend.

    I say ask her out, otherwise you'll forever be kicking yourself wondering what might have happened.

    :yes:

    I've had that happened before. My friend just said "thanks" and that was it.
Sign In or Register to comment.