Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Positive things you've done for your wellbeing

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds lovely.

I'm about to start on this shirt adjusting plan. Internet is failing me.
  • Options
    Have you tried googling 'make darts', because that's what you want to do. Either 4 in total (one on each seam and one under each boob) or 6 (1 either side of each seam and 1 under each boob)
  • Options
    The google of make darts wasn't massively enlightening, but seem to have come out with something ok in the end.

Ended up completely un doing the side seem, taking out the original dart and making it 4x bigger, shaping the side seem and adding shaping type darts down the back, and a placket type thing down the back as well.

All this on a ladies shirt that fits fine across the chest. :banghead:
  • Options
    The google of make darts wasn't massively enlightening, but seem to have come out with something ok in the end.

Ended up completely un doing the side seem, taking out the original dart and making it 4x bigger, shaping the side seem and adding shaping type darts down the back, and a placket type thing down the back as well.

All this on a ladies shirt that fits fine across the chest. :banghead:

Sounds perfect - well done! I must get to adjusting some of mine I can't really afford to buy new ones but I look like such a tit in size 14 trousers and a size 22 shirt....

Also I went to to church and had a long-overdue to talk to my pastor/supervisor about my future training so that's a bit of a weight off.
  • Options
    Things like that are awesome, if you're anything like me you have no idea how much something was getting to you til it's gone, and then it's like a massive weight has lifted. Tis a good feeling.

Confessedly had a lot of help from mum, but pretty sure could have done it on my own albeit a lot slower as would have had to take it off to pin and each time to adjust pins whereas could do a lot of it with it still on. Got me tempted to try and make myself a fitted shortsleeve uniform shirt too now.......
  • Options
    I terminated my flat-contract and move out next week! This is really the best thing I have done for my wellbeing for a very long time. I already bought a new solid wood bed and a solid wood closet and so my "new life" is ready to start, far away from all this industrial stuff, that makes my life so hard as an allergic person.
  • Options
    Just came across this thread. I love it - I am all for positive thinking.
    So just wanted to add that I painted my nails a bright purple colour yesterday. Just seeing the burst of colour releases endorphines I think! The sunny weather is also helping :)
  • Options
    Cut off contact with certain people.
  • Options
    Woohooo!:hyper:

Am a big fan of positve thinking too. So here's a couple of articles about building emotional resiliance and making yourself happy - both of which I like (and have posted before sorry!);

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/emotionalhealth/Pages/Buildemotionalresilience.aspx
    http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/healthy-living/wellbeing/happiness.htm

But I think my favourite is mindapples - five a day for your mind...

http://mindapples.org/

Today I went for a run on the fell at Mum and Dad's with my beautiful dog, then threw sticks for her in the river - she never tires of going in and out for them. Now I feel nicely tired out :)
  • Options
    What is this thread doing on the second page?!

Anyway!

Yesterday I posted my CBT referral form, and planned awesome things for next weekend, which involve me and skakitty convincing Not-Boy to take me to get a mani/pedi (since she has more power over him than I do these days ;)) :D.
  • Options
    I'm finishing a long sleeved cardigan that I really hope will stop me feeling frumpy all summer
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I'm finishing a long sleeved cardigan that I really hope will stop me feeling frumpy all summer

Great! Which one? (I had a look at your Ravelry page but couldn't find it).

I hope you feel good wearing it! :)
  • Options
    I'm off to get some Shiatsu done to me, which I love love love. Feels so good at the time and afterwards.
  • Options
    Amiga from the new Knitty
  • Options
    What is this thread doing on the second page?!

Anyway!

Yesterday I posted my CBT referral form, and planned awesome things for next weekend, which involve me and skakitty convincing Not-Boy to take me to get a mani/pedi (since she has more power over him than I do these days ;)) :D.

awwwww i don't think so!! I doubt i have any power <_<
    but yes, i have informed him he WILL take you out for pampering :)
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    awwwww i don't think so!! I doubt i have any power <_<
    but yes, i have informed him he WILL take you out for pampering :)

Don't underestimate yourself, honey. He's pathetically easy to manipulate :D.
  • Options
    Amiga from the new Knitty

Oh wow, you finished that one already?! I wish I could do a top that fast.
  • Options
    I just need to do the front bands and collar. It's short and on 5mm needles so it's a fairly quick knit.
  • Options
    Right, so I wrote to the clinic in London that I'm (theoretically) on the waiting list for whilst I'm in Oxford and I'm so worried that they won't be able to take me on after all or something that even though I know it's a good thing to have done it's driving me a little mad.

But it's a good thing really because I need to know so that I can be sure of how I can go about looking for jobs and stuff.
  • Options
    I am roughly three weeks away from being one year free of self harm. :D I can't believe that - this is the longest I've gone and given the state I was in last year, (I know if my friend had it his way, I would've been sectioned) it seemed impossible then to even go one week without doing anything.
  • Options
    I have started to reward myself with a bracelet for every day I can go Self harm free started last week I have 3 bracelets :D xx
  • Options
    I've put our group photo from the weekend (which was awesome) onto my desk top.
  • Options
    I drank a glass of super fruity fruit and vegetable juice. I feel the vitamins invading me like XP and a level up is imminent.
  • Options
    4 job applications completed today. Submitted 2, 2 more being looked over by friends in relevant places. Makes me feel like I might have a future after all.
  • Options
    Don't underestimate yourself, honey. He's pathetically easy to manipulate :D.

LOL does he know this fact? :p
  • Options
    4 job applications completed today. Submitted 2, 2 more being looked over by friends in relevant places. Makes me feel like I might have a future after all.

Congrats! *MASSIVE HUGS*
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    LOL does he know this fact? :p

Yes. Yes he does.
  • Options
    I booked a hair cut and bought some decent make up so that I can feel good at my friend's wedding on Saturday.
  • Options
    I went to Lush and bought yummy-smelling shampoo
  • Options
    I am 9 days from being one year self harm free. :yippe: