Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Positive things you've done for your wellbeing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, this is inspired by Scary Monster's relentless mission to remind people of the good stuff when things look a bit shit. I bow to you, ma'am.

Here's the deal; when you do something that is good (short or long term) for your wellbeing (however you perceive it), post it here.

Others will learn from you and you'll have a little reminder of the things that have made you feel better in the past.

So, today I bought air freshener and fabric conditioner to help me feel better about my room. Now my plan is to wash my sheets, have a shower and touch up my roots.

Comments

• Options
    Read this thread.

You've mad me grin massively!

Also, touching up my roots and putting mascara on.
  • Options
    was feeling very stressed out,but went for a swim and steam and then another swim in water that felt icy cold after the steam and feel a bit more chilled now.
  • Options
    well just to explain before i say, i have an obsession with buying things for other people, to make me happy.

But yeah, feeling low, walking home thinking about 'dark stuff'
    and instead i went a bought my mummy some flowers :)
  • Options
    Unintentional, but I had to cycle to work and back twice today as I left something at home. Felt great to burn off some stress in the sun.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I cheered up a friend who was feeling low now she's lodessssss better! :D
  • Options
    Good thread :thumb:

Today I walked home in the sunshine :)
  • Options
    I went out last week and quite enjoyed it.
  • Options
    I went for a long walk with a friend.
  • Options
    today i had my last session (as I'm moving) with my therapist who ive been seeing for 15 months. and i'm ok :)
  • Options
    taking up running :)
  • Options
    Getting back into rowing sessions in the morning, AND making time for breakfast after. 45 mins on a rowing machine followed by a bowl of cereal sets me up nicely for the day.
  • Options
    i am exercising at least 7hours a week! Since the beginning of the year i've lost 10kgs and hopefully will lose another 10kgs in the next couple of months and then i will actually be hormonally healthy :D
  • Options
    Thats probs why i feel happy almost all of the time because i am always doing feel me good stuff, last week(weds) i went cinema with my best friend (fri) i met another best friend and had coffee and lots of laughs, sat i went to London with my Hubbi and children, sun i enjoyed a meal out with my family, I shaved and bathed my dog and that made me feel good cause i know she loves that, and the same day i plucked and tinted my brows and painted my nails :d . x
  • Options
    I called a friend in Atlanta and we spoke for about an hour for the first time in ages, it was great :)
  • Options
    I joined Slimming World a few weeks ago. I had put on a lot of weight with my medication and now I'm slowly but surely losing it with this healthy eating plan. It feels really good to be eating this healthy but still being allowed chocolate and other yummies. And my Risperidone belly is going down so I'm feeling much more confident.
  • Options
    I do swimming (if I can) at least once a week.
  • Options
    Improving my diet, taking nutritional supplements, and cutting out certain substances. Exercise should be next on the list but I can't bring myself to do any.
  • Options
    Yesterday and today I spent just a couple of hours sitting with my friends in a beer garden/park. Just 1 or 2 hours and i feel so much better than getting stuck in a rut where i never go out or do anything other than sitting with my roommates in the kitchen
  • Options
    Me and my mummy have started walking to and from work every Friday. It's just under 3 miles each way, and according to her phone app we burn around 400kcal each way too.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I joined Slimming World a few weeks ago. I had put on a lot of weight with my medication and now I'm slowly but surely losing it with this healthy eating plan. It feels really good to be eating this healthy but still being allowed chocolate and other yummies. And my Risperidone belly is going down so I'm feeling much more confident.

Welldone You!! I also went back, as i just went 6 pounds over my target and can now say i am proudly back at my target weight i also feel very happy that i am eating more than ever!!! I love extra easy days protien and carbs togther woop!! x
  • Options
    i went for spin and body pump today!!!!!! and i feeeeeeeeel good!
  • Options
    I went out to the pub with a good friend and drank a little bit too much.

Other than that, I'm going to the gym most days. It really does make me feel better (and offsets- to an extent- the fatness caused by beer).
  • Options
    I went for a run really early this morning, it was so peaceful.
    Had a nice refreshing shower and have painted my toe nails bright orange :thumb:
    Bring it on world nothing can get me down today :hyper:
  • Options
    spent the day on the beach :)
  • Options
    All my friends were busy this weekend so i felt a bit poo.. but i 'discovered' via googling, a new place to walk doggie, Queen Elizabeth Park in Petersfield, went for 2 hours today and feel sleepy but good now :)
  • Options
    Run followed by Innocent veg pot. Mmmmmm :yum:
  • Options
    I wander as much as possible! That's not too straining for my body, but helps to improve my condition. Unfortunately it's spring and I am allergic, so I have to stay at home at the moment :(
  • Options
    This week I have:

1. Been gardening in containers in my back yard. I used to do this in the PD unit as there was a lovely garden there and I miss it so doing this has made me feel better. Got plenty more gardening to do as well.

2. Got my paint brushes, paints and canvas out. Again something I used to do in the PD unit but I've not done it for ages. It's very relaxing and I can express some of my feelings through abstract art.

3. Been back to yoga class. I went last summer but didn't return when I got home from my summer holiday. Was glad to get back and stretch out and chill again.

Also I have booked some Shiatsu which is amazing, I highly recommend it and some acupunture which I haven't tried before.
  • Options
    Good thread idea :)

I've cut out almost all sugar from my diet and this morning I fit into a pair of jeans from around the time I got pregnant. I feel gorgeous :)
  • Options
    I took Mrs. P. on a 6km walk around the university parks this afternoon. Lovely walk and potential new running circuit!