Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

JobCentre Staff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I am at Stage 3 - Subsequent Review stage now and have an interview which is meant to last 30mins.

Now does anyone else at this stage use a grading system where the advisor asks you questions and you say whether its an A or B, C, D etc etc ?
Also my advisor is a bit of a bully and tries to put words in my mouth and I would ideally like to complain but feel it won't be taken seriously ?
Also my advisor has asked for a CV which I don't mind giving him one, their should be already one in my profile, but he also wants to see references and I don't want to give him any, so would I have to give him them ? I can give him one or two which are written ones ?

Any advice or help ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MrShyDrops wrote: »
    Hi,

I am at Stage 3 - Subsequent Review stage now and have an interview which is meant to last 30mins.

Now does anyone else at this stage use a grading system where the advisor asks you questions and you say whether its an A or B, C, D etc etc ?
    Also my advisor is a bit of a bully and tries to put words in my mouth and I would ideally like to complain but feel it won't be taken seriously ?
    Also my advisor has asked for a CV which I don't mind giving him one, their should be already one in my profile, but he also wants to see references and I don't want to give him any, so would I have to give him them ? I can give him one or two which are written ones ?

Any advice or help ?

Thanks

Considering the guy controls wether or not you get your JSA, I'd do what he says. If he wants references, give him references. Chances are it's so he can provide them direct to employers.
  • Options
    Hi
    Considering the guy controls wether or not you get your JSA, I'd do what he says

But he's trying to make out their is something wrong with me as to why I can't get a job, when the problems are my lack of commercial experience.

He may control whether or not I get my JSA but he has no right to manipulate me don't you think ?
  • Options
    He should be manipulating you into making you more employable, that's his job.

Also, if he thinks there's a problem with you that makes it hard to get a job, then giving him references that prove other wise will blow that straight out of the water.
  • Options
    Hi

Yeah I have written references that show I am an excellent worker, have excellent communication skills and attendance skills. But they are quite old and my recent employer has so far failed to give me a written one, I did ask before I left.
  • Options
    Does the advisor want written references? Or contact details for referees? It's more usual to get contact details for a referee than a random letter from someone written as a reference for nothing in particular.
  • Options
    Hi

I can give him contact details of references but, I like to know what my referees think so I always get/ask for written ones, not only that what do you do if your past referee has left their job and you have no contact details for them ??

I've had bosses in the past say they will give you a reference but never do.
  • Options
    So what's the problem?

I don't quite get it. The jobcentre advisor, who is trying to help get you a job, wants to see your CV, and wants some references. Neither of those seem particularly unreasonable.
  • Options
    So what's the problem?

I don't quite get it. The jobcentre advisor, who is trying to help get you a job, wants to see your CV, and wants some references. Neither of those seem particularly unreasonable.

:yes: I've been asked to bring my CV - so they know that I've got a decent one.
  • Options
    Hi

No thats okay....No Problems
  • Options
    Hi,

Now does anyone else at this stage use a grading system where the advisor asks you questions and you say whether its an A or B, C, D etc etc
    It depends on the Jobcentre, they all work differently.
    Speak to a manager, or put a complaint in writing to the head of your Jobcentre.
    Were you referred under 'Jobseekers Direction'? If so, it's mandatory that you bring it along. Your adviser likely wants to know if they should refer you to a third party contractor if you are not deemed 'job ready', but also, sometimes they get jobs in and the recruiters ask for suitable candidates, so if you have good references, then maybe you'll get a job interview through the Jobcentre too...

Really, don't worry about it... Just go through the motions, s/he's just doing her/his job.
  • Options
    Hi

Now does anyone else at this stage use a grading system where the advisor asks you questions and you say whether its an A or B, C, D etc etc

It depends on the Jobcentre, they all work differently.

We'll he didn't ask me anything about that grading system, I don't know why. He also said that the way people are seen and what stages they are at is going to change again.

Also note he didn't ask for a CV or any references either, not sure like I said above because I will probable be seeing someone else other the next couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Back to Old Ways

So they have moved around the jobcentre staff but yet again they are trying to downgrade me already, She (Margaret) moved me from a Grade A to a Grade C for some reason and didn't take into account my view what so ever. She just did her own thing yet again, they moved the other staff around to try and make me not understand what they are trying to do.

Is their a way I can complain about their behaviour, surely if they are grading the system on their views then they are not listening to mine are they ???

Regards
  • Options
    What's the grading thing about?
  • Options
    JobCentre Staff

It's like they ask you a range of questions to do with you JobSearch and then give you a Grade(A-D/E), don't you have this program in your JobCentre ?
  • Options
    No. I've not heard of it.
  • Options
    So they have moved around the jobcentre staff but yet again they are trying to downgrade me already, She (Margaret) moved me from a Grade A to a Grade C for some reason and didn't take into account my view what so ever. She just did her own thing yet again, they moved the other staff around to try and make me not understand what they are trying to do.

Is their a way I can complain about their behaviour, surely if they are grading the system on their views then they are not listening to mine are they ???

Regards

By your reckoning, everyone would argue that they are a grade A
  • Options
    JobCentreStaff

What level are you at ? I think you only do it when you move up to the highest stage of unemployment. Like I am at level 2/3 now. But the people who keep using this grading system are not listening to me when they do it, they just put what grade they think instead of asking me ??
  • Options
    JobCentre Staff/Grading Software

@Melian,

Are you unemployed or at level 2/3 ?

So far it seems only certain staff at the JobCentre I see, seem to be getting me to do this Grading program ??
  • Options
    I'm at level 2, I think. Well, on June 30th, it'll be 6 months.
  • Options
    JobCentreStaff - Grading Program

Are you unemployed or at level 2/3 ?

Have you been asked to do this Grading program ??

Kind Regards