Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure how to put this but here i go...

I used to have a eating disorder but after a couple years I managed to start eating abit and more kindof thing so I thought I was doing well. I managed to put abit of weight on. Anyways. Its getting bad again, I haven't eaten for 3days and can't bring myself to eat, it takes me ages to chew something again. I just managed to eat a tiny bit today but nearly throw it up. Its making me feel sick just being near food. Its like a voice in my head telling me not to eat which i had before.

Comments

• Options
    Hi there midnight

Sounds tough - one voice telling you you should eat and another telling you not too. I know I can get quite anxious when I'm arguing with myself and that doesn't help my appetite!

I'm sure you know it but after 3 days of not eating you're going to need to go gently with your gut as food is a bit unfamiliar to it. Can you try a little soup or something else light?

You say that you have dealt with these eating issues before, so I'm curious about what helped last time? Perhaps you could use similar strategies this time round?

Or perhaps theres something else stressful goin on for you at the moment?

Do keep posting to let us know whats happening for you :wave:
  • Options
    midnight wrote: »
    Not sure how to put this but here i go...

I used to have a eating disorder but after a couple years I managed to start eating abit and more kindof thing so I thought I was doing well. I managed to put abit of weight on. Anyways. Its getting bad again, I haven't eaten for 3days and can't bring myself to eat, it takes me ages to chew something again. I just managed to eat a tiny bit today but nearly throw it up. Its making me feel sick just being near food. Its like a voice in my head telling me not to eat which i had before.

has anything happened to set the feelings off again?

if it's at all possible, you need to get this under control before you get to the stage where you can't. do you have anyone you can tell? it might be worth making a plan of what you are going to eat each day for the next few days. if you can't face much then try just a small amount tomorrow and gradually build it up as each day goes by.
    you have the power to get yourself back on track, but only if you really want to and only if you try. it might seem like the easiest option to go back to how things were, but remember how horrible it was to live like that. if i knew how to silence that voice i would tell you. all i can advise is that everytime it tells you not to eat, you tell it that you are going to. the more you ignore it, the less hold it will have over you.
  • Options
    cat_treats- Yeh I will try soup or something light tomorrow.
    I'm not sure what helped last time. I don't know how I got through it.
    I tryed ending my life again a couple of weeks ago and cuttings got worse. Soon after the eating problem started again. I try sorting out one problem but the other one comes back. Some many bloody problems. Its so hard to cope at minute.
    Thank you.

omg hi- I don't know why the feeling has came back, I can't think straight, all over the place. No I don't have anyone to tell, i'm been struggling with all it by myself but look how far its got me :crying: My family know I don't eat anything but they don't care. I will do what you advise and hopefully it works alittle or more.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    omg hi- I don't know why the feeling has came back, I can't think straight, all over the place. No I don't have anyone to tell, i'm been struggling with all it by myself but look how far its got me :crying: My family know I don't eat anything but they don't care. I will do what you advise and hopefully it works alittle or more.
    Thank you.

Any chance of seeing your GP? If you're worried, you can get an emergency appointment. If it's the same person you were seeing last time you were ill maybe they'll be some help?
  • Options
    I have never been to gp, I don't he/she. I can't go
  • Options
    I have never been to gp, I don't he/she. I can't go

You don't what? Why can't you go?
  • Options
    Thank you.

do you think maybe that your family do care but they don't know what to do to help?

if you can do it by yourself then that's great but as piccolo says there is support out there for you, you don't have to struggle alone.
    i hope today is a better day for you.
  • Options
    piccolo- I can't go because I don't know them. I keep well away from people so it gives me one less thing to panick over.

omg hi- No they told me they don't care, they said its your life so its your problems and you have to sort them out by yourself.
    I'm abit calmer today.
  • Options
    piccolo- I can't go because I don't know them. I keep well away from people so it gives me one less thing to panick over.

I understand that but they are best placed to listen to you.