Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What does she feel?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, I need some opinions and thoughts about my situation.

Here goes.
Im 18. 19 this summer. When i was 17 i started working with tv, i got a job on a show wich is my countrys equivilent of america got talent. (pardon My enlish, im not from england nor america).

Anyhow, after 2 days I added some of My newly met friends on Facebook. One of whom is this blonde 27 year old (28 now) awesome girl. She was incredibly friendly and have now taught Me almost everything i know about making tv.

Now one year later and it seams like i've known her my whole life. It's sick!

Onwards now to My current situation. And i can't belive im actually sharing my deepest thoughts With people i don't know!

Well..
We've been texting eachother now and then, somtimes she call Me and we litterally talk for hours.
She also live in the city while i live sligthly outside it, and she told Me to call her whenever i was nearby so we could have a coffe together. Im still abit nervous about calling her and ask "hey are you working? Want to grab a coffe?"

Last thursday a class at my school where having a party in a bar, in the city i live just outside of. And when i was heading home i saw that i had an unread text. Ofcourse it was her asking how the party was and i answerd "it was okay". She then asked "so are you comming over now?", it was 01:45. Middle of the night!! I was stunned and wanted to play it cool so i wrote:
"Well My buss leavs in 17 min, or do you want Me to come over" she wrote back instantly "do YOU want to come over?"

I Said sure, i dont want to sit on that buss With all the drunk people. I then Walked to her apartment and took a shower, and noticed she havnt prepaired her sofa as she use to (ive slept on her cough before when we're both working late on the same production).
She notice that i see the bed With 2 pillows etc and say "i was to tierd to fix the sofa its your call, where do you want to sleep?" stunned as i was i went "i don't mind, we can share the bed"

We proceed to watch a few episodes of her favorite serie, from the bed. (her apartment is really small). After a few episodes we shut the tv off and just begin to talk about normal stuff, life, relations, work etc etc. Until i feel her arm searching for mine. She doesnt find it, gets embarresed, and i ask what she was looking for. She answers "i was looking for your arm, i wanted you to hold Me but it wasnt there" suprised and actually happy when i think about it i said "oh it's not gone". I had My arm around her through the night. I don't think i slept one minute.

She had work the other day and i had to get to school so we took the subway together and said bye.

Now thats one weird-ass night, i've had a few weird nigths in My life but this one wins the price.

I dont know what to make of this, does she want more Than friendship?
She is giving all the signals and im not stupid, but at the same time i don't belive it, i mean, she's 10 years older (and smoking hot!) and i can't see how she could have any other feeling for Me other then those between two friends.

What i need is second opinions. Some people veiwing this from a diffirent angle.
I like her alot but i don't want to loose our friendship (sound corny, i know)

Thanks for sharing any advice!

(ps, written on an iphone so autocorrect may or may not have fucked the grammar)

Comments

• Options
    Hi CableGuy, since you are one of the people who do not recognize a great opportunity when it slaps you in the face with a oiled up boob, I drew you a chart. Please find it attached below.

In conclusion: I am jealous and if you do not hit that booty, than I am going to gnaw a bit of my screen off in agony.
  • Options
    Wow i have not laughed so hard for so long, ever!!! O.O

I guess i just find it hard to belive, your answer put things in perspective. Thanks! LOL!
  • Options
    well, I've been thinking alot, because this thing still buggs me.

She is clearly somewhat interested. (obviously..). question is in what.
    We're so different
    she has 10 more years of experience. she has alot of friends, shes super social and smart. It's also very hard to predict her moves and what she thinks, god why can't it just be simple. what the f_ck do you want?! :banghead:

I talked to my closest friend about this and he was making fun of it like friends do but he is very understanding and it felt good to let out some steam. he didn't know what to make of it, and I guess he is alot like me. you know, about the oiled up boob-thing :naughty: .

Anyhow, I've decided to ride the wave and see where it takes me, bad thing is that im not a good surfer.
    Im going to get a tattoo soon so Im going to make a visit to a studio in the city where she lives. maybe I can fit it in with a day she's not working so that we can have that coffe.

and yep, im using this thread as a vent.

share your thoughts!:yes:
  • Options
    Coffee is always good. Keep giving signals, if she keeps giving them back, go for it.
  • Options
    dude, she invited you to sleep in your bed and wanted to hold your arm. There is virtually nothing you could have done to crap this up. If you leaned in for a kiss you would have had sex that night. (If she is not some weirdo who tries to mother younger guys). Forget about the age difference. You don't even need excuses to go see her. Just call her up and suggest "a DVD evening" at her place, kill time, realize "omfg its already that late?!", stay over.
  • Options
    Hi there Thatcableguy,

Welcome to the boards :wave: !

It seems by your post that she has tried to show you she is interested; her body language (looking for your hand), the clear invitation to come over to hers and the hints to stay in her bed rather than the sofa - all seem like positive signs.

It is understandable that the age gap between you might be an issue, and has clearly made you doubt her intentions, wondering what she actually wants out of this. Have a look at our article on age gaps that could help.

Why not try to ask her out properly? Taking her out for drinks? You said you don't want to ruin the friendship, yet if you both like each other could it be worth giving it a go?

Let us know how you get on and feel free to keep venting! :)
  • Options
    StrubbleS, you are right, with any other girl that would be the case, but you don't know her like I do. Do you work with TV? well it's a hard-ass line of work. Most people are freelancers, wich means your reputation is what keeps getting you jobs. If you fuck up once you're out like BAM.

She is a freelancer and if people would get the wrong idea of her it would fuck her world up-side-down.

I will actually take both of you're advices. send back those "signals" like god damn submarine "ping"-sounds :shocking:

I wouldn't have sex with her even if she actually slapped me in the face with oiled up boobs. oh wait.. I would. but my point is that I like her to much to fuck everything up by having sex with her right away.
  • Options
    It's also very hard to predict her moves and what she thinks, god why can't it just be simple. what the f_ck do you want?! :banghead:
    Just to let you know, this doesn't get any easier! ;)
  • Options
    She beyond wants you - but maybe only for sex....

She is probably mature and professional enough not to let her personal life interfear with her carrear.

I'd go for the coffee option and see what happens (sooooooner rather than later)
  • Options
    Also I love love love strubs graph
  • Options
    Im okay With "Maybe only for sex" though ;)
    We'll see how things turn out, to quote the black Guy in jail in Harold and Kumar goes to whitecastle:

"in the end the universe tends to unfold like it should"

I'll be back with the conclousion :)
  • Options
    Short sit-rap.

Things are going well. We're both working our arses off so no time for coffee although we keep contact and we're not "done" with eachother. sort of speaking.

Last year in school. High pressure. Lots of graduation-parties, and im planning to get sick on my own. Im so sick and tierd of people.. Just going to focus on getting my driverslicens and graduation.

To tell the truth if i wake up dead tomorrow, well I wouldn't mind that at all. I don't think people notice that I feel like shit, I don't know. I think im going through a depression.