Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My first grey hair.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I thought I had found my first grey hair (or two) this morning, just above my forehead. I pulled one of them out just to be sure, and its true, I'm going grey (well the beginings of it anyway)

The worst bit is that one of the lads has pointed out, and also taken a picture of the back of my head, and there are loads more grey hairs back there.

I had my hair cut/shaved to a grade one about a couple of months ago, my hair generally grows quite fast (especially in the sun), so I think it has deffo happened since I have been out here, and relatively recently I guess.

I dont even think there is a question to this post/thread, I just wanted to rant about my hair in an appropriate place. Im only a month or two away from my 26th :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's your impending parenthood doing it.

As I point out to my kids and wife - I didn't have any grey hairs before they came into my life :)
    It's your impending parenthood doing it.

As I point out to my kids and wife - I didn't have any grey hairs before they came into my life :)

The working environment over the past 2 months or so probly hasnt helped either, good thing im back soon!
    Ive been finding the odd white hair since I was about 16, but I've only ever had a few. I did pluck out a random grey hair from my eyebrow the other day though. I'm only 21! :confused:
    i got my first grey hair at 19
    my first grey hair came in at 24.....used to think the idea of a quarter-life crisis was a joke, now i'm 25 and realise it really isn't.
    Wait for the first grey pube and/or 40th guys.

Fortunately only one has happened to me so far... I dread the other :nervous:
    Going grey -15

Losing it - 19
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Are grey hairs caused by stress? I found my first one at 12 :-\ only had 2!
    Are grey hairs caused by stress? I found my first one at 12 :-\ only had 2!

No doubt it plays a part but as with just about everything its a combination of factors. Stress probably triggers a genetic predisposition at an early age, that would be my guess without looking into the exact science of going grey.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    just for men.
    Weekender Offender 
    At least you're going grey and not WHITE!!! I found my first white hair a year ago when i was 24, actually my husbands cousin found it while we were out for breakfast one day. I refuse to pull it out, instead i keep it super short so it wont show and to top it off i have named it after the person i could swear gave me the stress that made it.
    Dont worry grey hair is attractive on a guy. I found one just above my forehead just before i had my colour my hairdresser said not to worry there are ways and means lol!!! x
    My very lovely Chemistry Teacher at school told us that she went grey at 14 and was almost entirely grey by the time she left school.