Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I don't know what to do :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
To be honest I really don't know where to start.

At the moment my life is rubbish.

Lots of people I know are dying.
Me and my boyfriend broke up about 2 months ago and I miss him like hell, especially as he doesn't even speak to me anymore.
I've started cutting again.
I haven't been going to school because I can't face being around too many people.
I haven't been going out with my friends, because I don't feel comfortable.
A few of my friends don't understand what i'm going through and I understand that, but it doesn't help when they get in moods with me.
My family are being great but I can't fully open up to them.
I have no motivation for anything and have left all my Youth Councils, and don't even want to go to college anymore - i've always dreamed of going to uni.
I'm a smoker and I drink energy drinks regulary - although I don't need them.

I have been to my doctors but all she said was to go back to my counselling but it didn't work last time.
I really think anti-depressants are the only thing that will help.

I've had suicidal thoughts and it is so hard for me to not cut at the moment.

I really don't know where else to turn :(

Please help me!

Comments

• Options
    Hi, firstly *hug* ! x

Things may seem really bad at the moment. Just remember that with time it will get better.

We can all suggest things, but its all up to you to decide what works for you. If you don't think counselling works then it probably wont - i have no experience but im guessing its the thing of you need the right mentality for a chance of it having an affect.
    If you think the pills may help, then its worth trying talking to your doctor again x

Just as a little suggestion, i find that yoga helps me to calm and.. not exactly cheer up but it stops me from wanting to cut. Then again find cleaning very theraputic. :)

Hope things start looking up for you soon
  • Options
    Hi LadyNAt,

Tryingtobestrong has said it all really, and is right that you need to 'buy into' the counselling or it is not going to work for you. Also seeing your GP again and saying that you would really like to try mediacation is good advice. But, remember, that medication on it's own is not going to 'solve' your problems, but may help you to cope a little better and be stronger.

I wanted to add the link to the The Site's information pages on mental health, as you are a pretty new user, I'm not sure you will have seen them? There is LOADS of info there, the stuff around self-harm and treatments may be of particular interest? As part of the community, you can also take part in live chats & 'ask the site' questions (more 1-2-1 Q&A) if you want to explore what's going on for you more, and of course keep posting on the boards.

Take care :)
  • Options
    Wow its hard to post on here with a rubbish phone. Oh yes i forgot to mention my blackberry has broken too :(
    im trying really hard to stay positive and motivated but i just dont want to do anything, i couldnt even find the energy to do yoga or clean.
    My doctor wants me to go back to a local counselling organisation which i think has poor structure and didnt help me last time. This is already giving me a negative view and i cant change that so surely the counselling would be pointless as my heart wouldnt be in it.
    I started a diary tonight, as you can see its stupid oclock and i cant sleep, so thats kind of helped to stop my feeling choking me from the inside.
    Every day just seems to get darker and i feel so numb right now.
    But thankyou for replies and your kind words x