Home Anything Goes
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Fair weather friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you know which friends are real? bc every friend I ever had (at work/school) are fair weather. They talk to me until ONE coworker or classmate starts hurting me.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you never really do.

Most people will be fairweather friends tbh
    cynical but I agree
    How do you know which friends are real? bc every friend I ever had (at work/school) are fair weather. They talk to me until ONE coworker or classmate starts hurting me.

Same story eh?

But I think that the others are correct, when it comes to most work/school friends. I don't have a single friend from when I was at school and haven't seen any of them for over 20 years now.

Work is slightly different. I have a couple of good friends from my work life, but that's over 20 years and I can count the number of close friends from work on the fingers of one hand.

Judge people by their actions, not by their words
    My real friends are my mum and husband, the others i've learnt not to expect anything of. I don't like people expecting things of me (especially when they wouldn't do the same for me) so i try not to expect anything from them. It's pretty fair i think.