Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dissertation abstract

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What do i put in it? I know its a brief outline of the whole thing, so that if somebody reads it they'll have an idea of what its about so is it just 'firstI'll talk about this, then this, then this....' or is it more like a mini mini mini version of the whole thing? :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I basically introduced the subject, said why it was an issue and worth investigating, what the investigation set out to do, a brief summary of the findings and conclusion. Basically sum it up in about a page of a4. That's what we were told to do anyway - I've handed it in now so I hope it was right!
  • Options
    Yea i asked a friend and thats what he said to. Im going through it now and picking out all the main points, its so hard though to condense 10,000 words into 300!
  • Options
    Reducing a lot of words into 300 is really difficult. My only advice is to focus on what is unique about your piece of work rather than talking about the topic in general.
  • Options
    There are quite a few guides on the net, like this one.
  • Options
    My abstract was closer to 500 words, oops. I really couldn't cut it down though without losing the sense of it.
  • Options
    Finished mine today, it was the teeniest bit over 300 but should be ok, the general jist is in there