Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Shit my relatives say

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know the times when someone you know says something that's just not like them at all?
My posh, 70 year old grandmother just said "that little scrote"
I swear to goodness I nearly wet myself laughing :P

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    You know the times when someone you know says something that's just not like them at all?
    My posh, 70 year old grandmother just said "that little scrote"
    I swear to goodness I nearly wet myself laughing :P
    Hmm, LOL...:lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know if this will come across as funny as it did to me...

I live in NZ and after the Christchurch earthquake, my parents Skyped me to see what was going on. My mother, who is a very intelligent woman, works as a teacher, and generally has a pretty good idea of things came out with 'I didn't think anybody lived on the south island!' I wasn't quite sure whether I should laugh or despair at that one. I can understand other people maybe being confused but when her own daughter lives in the country, you would've thought she'd have known better...
    yeh, my mum was worried after the 1st earthquake, even though she KNEW i was in Wellington...
    I don't know if this will come across as funny as it did to me...

I live in NZ and after the Christchurch earthquake, my parents Skyped me to see what was going on. My mother, who is a very intelligent woman, works as a teacher, and generally has a pretty good idea of things came out with 'I didn't think anybody lived on the south island!' I wasn't quite sure whether I should laugh or despair at that one. I can understand other people maybe being confused but when her own daughter lives in the country, you would've thought she'd have known better...

Haha yeah lol you would think so XD