Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My boyfriend does not appreciate me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just broke up with my boyfriend last night over some heated argument. He has been hurting me constantly for over a month now I do not know what to do> My friends advice me to leave him but it's not so easy. If it was, I would. I do so much for him and I love him so much but he doesn't seem to appreciate anything I do. I feel trapped, sad and lonely. It's been affecting me, my school work and my general well being. I need to talk to people please.:crying:

Comments

• Options
    *hug*

Me and many others here have been there and know how hard it is. Everytime you want to ring him, talk to him, tell him you want him back etc just remember why you ended it in the first place. It will get easier in time and although having him back now will make it better short term you'll eventually see that you're better off without him in the long term
  • Options
    if he isn't making you happy and you feel unapreciated then you have done the right thing. if he is constantly hurting you you are better off without him.
  • Options
    Try to remind yourself that in the long run this is for the best. Staying with someone who hurts you will really affect your self esteem and hurt you much more in the long run.

Try to keep your mind off him by keeping yourself busy with other things like school and your friends. It will get better.