Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Where can we post?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    This question. I want an explanation.

Oh, this one.

I think that the fact that people have commented that they find it uncomfortable is the reason.

When someone says that they are unhappy with the content, and when lots of people then agree and to continue to post this type of content after a discussion had been had and to not take any heed of what was said. This is selfish. You are thinking of yourself and not the collective voice and opinion that had been raised, discussed and then a (mod approved) conclusion being reached. To carry on regardless and do your own things is selfish.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You are thinking of yourself and not the collective voice and opinion that had been raised, discussed and then a (mod approved) conclusion being reached. To carry on regardless and do your own things is selfish.

But I haven't?
  • Options
    Oh, this one.

I think that the fact that people have commented that they find it uncomfortable is the reason.

When someone says that they are unhappy with the content, and when lots of people then agree and to continue to post this type of content after a discussion had been had and to not take any heed of what was said. This is selfish. You are thinking of yourself and not the collective voice and opinion that had been raised, discussed and then a (mod approved) conclusion being reached. To carry on regardless and do your own things is selfish.

MoK or whatever the hell his name is said it more eloquently than me. I'm tired :(
  • Options
    Does anyone actually expect others to really think about other people when they're already in a bad place? It'd be nice if people did, but really...
  • Options
    your question was "where can we post" (about self harm)
    and the question has been answered. In the appropriate thread, or start a new thread in H&WB with an appropriate title or a warning in the title.

easy peasy.

I fail to see whats scary or mean about that.
  • Options
    But I haven't?

I wasn't aiming it at you. I was aiming it at the collective 'you'. If *one* carries on regardless of the collective opinion ...
  • Options
    I think you'll find that it has always been an issue but it just took a while for someone to comment.

I'm not sure that the timing matters though TBH do you? It's about being part of a community, which is what this place is. Is it really such a big issue to be neighbourly?

Surely, that works both ways? IMO, it's a bit harsh to basically jump on others for posting in the wrong place.
  • Options
    Kay, anyway I give up now. I was only posting this on behalf of some very suicidal friends who need the help and are too scared to ask.
    Adios.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Does anyone actually expect others to really think about other people when they're already in a bad place? It'd be nice if people did, but really...

Common courtesy goes a long way.

And yes, I do expect others to do it. Pussy footing around depression isn't the answer.
  • Options
    Surely, that works both ways? IMO, it's a bit harsh to basically jump on others for posting in the wrong place.

Not when it is continually in the wrong place and these people have been asked to start posting in the right place. They are just ignoring the collective over and over and it is darn right rude.

EDIT: Wow, I think I have posted more in the last 2 hours than I have in the last 2 weeks!
  • Options

I don't think that has happened, has it?

A request has been made and it seems like most people have understood and accepted that.
  • Options
    Kay, anyway I give up now. I was only posting this on behalf of some very suicidal friends who need the help and are too scared to ask.
    Adios.

You can still get help in the appropriate threads. I don't get what the issue is.
  • Options
    Adios.

Then you should tell them that they are welcome to post about their issues in the health ssections, and warn them to stay away from anything goes if light-hearted threads are beyond them just now.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    You can still get help in the appropriate threads. I don't get what the issue is.

Well, exactly. There is no issue IMHO.
  • Options
    A mod should really close this now before it gets even more circular.
  • Options
    Not when it is continually in the wrong place and these people have been asked to start posting in the right place. They are just ignoring the collective over and over and it is darn right rude.

Do you honestly expect everyone to read every single thread? No-one has mentioned in the rant thread that said posts are triggering. I wonder if anyone has bothered to politely PM the person / people concerned and asked them to stop it and perhaps post elsewhere on here.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »

People should be able to post where they want, imo.
  • Options
    Do you honestly expect everyone to read every single thread? No-one has mentioned in the rant thread that said posts are triggering. I wonder if anyone has bothered to politely PM the person / people concerned and asked them to stop it and perhaps post elsewhere on here.

*sigh*

It's been done to death! I don't really see what the issue is here. We are going round and round in circles. Post in the correct place and we all get along ok.

Anyway, as mist has just told me, he has said his piece so we can all stop this silly discussion.
  • Options

Ok, I'll start a thread about my mobile phone in the food forum :thumb:
  • Options

even though it has the potential to upset alot of people??

sheeesh, im betting that mental health and wellbeing forum that was mentioned awhile ago is looking a better idea now.
  • Options
    even though it has the potential to upset alot of people??

sheeesh, im betting that mental health and wellbeing forum that was mentioned awhile ago is looking a better idea now.

Well, you can't please everyone can you.
  • Options
    Ok, I'll start a thread about my mobile phone in the food forum :thumb:

i will also post in the food forum, about whether i have thrush or not.
  • Options

I don't see what's so mean about politely reminding people to keep stuff in the appropriate places. Thats why we have different areas for different things. Just common courtesy.
  • Options
    I am starting to suspect that some people are being contrary on purpose so I shall bow out of this now before I say something I shouldn't.
  • Options
    Well, you can't please everyone can you.

no , but youcan be respectful to people's feelings.
  • Options
    Well, exactly. There is no issue IMHO.
    + 1 bazillion.

I, for one, was kind of ashamed of myself when I realised that some of what I had posted in the ranty thread may have triggered other people. I was glad that Scary posted the thread that she did because it made me more aware of my actions and that a thread of a similar vein was needed in Health and Wellbeing.

It is not fair to expect other people who are not comfortable with reading posts about self harm to come across them in forums where they are not expected to be. It is not fair that some people are ignoring the polite and not unreasonable requests of the community to keep those posts in the places where they ARE expected.
  • Options
    I am starting to suspect that some people are being contrary on purpose so I shall bow out of this now before I say something I shouldn't.
    Awww, but I like it when littlemissy gets her little rages on :heart:
  • Options
    Awww, but I like it when littlemissy gets her little rages on :heart:

I never get my rages on :o

Such lies.
  • Options
    i will also post in the food forum, about whether i have thrush or not.

They do say it looks like cottage cheese, don't they? :d
  • Options
    Well no one would go into threads about depression and self harm and start ranting about little things that have no relevence (unless they were actually making them depressed) because it would be seen as tactless and off topic. So why should it be ok the other way round? We're not a mean bunch, but theres no point pussy footing.
This discussion has been closed.