Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Spring

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
It's not quite spring yet (supposedly not until the 21st in two days) but I think it has affected me. :)

I had a very springy dream last night. Quite macabre and melancholic too, but definitely fitting for spring. Two ghosts were going back to where one of them lived when she was alive, which was a house out in the country, and looking around it, trying to remember what it was like when she lived there (I think the other ghost was only there as a favour, to help her remember).
Lots of flowers, tall grass and ears (the plant) having taken over all the ground, an abandoned doghouse next to an abandoned shack next to the abandoned house, the sun shining beautifully on everything... It somehow reminded me of the time I was a kid.

I just finished listening to the most beautiful song about spring I've ever heard, too. I like it so much that I've translated the lyrics in the past, I'll post them at the end of this post.

As soon as I'm done with my breakfast, I'm going out. I'll try to find a place with many plants and see if there are flowers. I haven't really felt doing that for many years now! :)

--

You are a red rose
in my heart
at night you become a wound
that eats up my insides

You keep coming earlier
Nobody recognises you
You make some people love
and others to never return

And all these things are not enough for you
You leave and don't remember
That's nice of you, Spring
Why don't you pity us?

You come for a little and sit
in our garden and bloom
Our blood has watered you
and you smell of resurrection

And when you leave, nothing
will be like before
Leave the sky's door
Open for a little

And all these things are not enough for you
You leave and don't remember
That's nice of you, Spring
Why don't you pity us?

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    There is a "monument to internet hookups", haha
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Outside will soon look really pretty with all the flowers :)

It may be a little chilly out, but the sun is shining :d
    I see snow when I look outside. Don't feel like spring is anywhere near yet :P
    I did my spring planting today and felt all in tune with the earth and whatnot. Until I got a nice blood blister, a spider attacked and mum replaced my trowel with a kid's plastic spade.
    It's been quite springy here today.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I think spring is on its way: frogs are breeding, the sun is out and giving off some warmth!
    It's definitely spring here, I went out to pick daffodils by the river in a skirt and flipflops :)
    The rain is back :(
    .Leanne. wrote: »
    The rain is back :(
    The cold is back :(
    It's warm here. The hard nights of sleep because of the warmth have already started a few days ago. I don't like spring or summer much. Hayfever and uncomfortable heat (not even including buildings that still have their heating on!) and even blindness don't bode well with me.

I think I'll wear more summery clothes this year. I have barely none, so I will need to put some cash aside and buy a new wardrobe. :)
    It is sunny and I am at work :grump:
    The weather is lovely and half of the daffodils have flowered (not sure of the correct term).
    *Lea* wrote: »
    The weather is lovely and half of the daffodils have flowered (not sure of the correct term).
    Bloomed?