Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Photography Courses for SLR's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Couldn't make my mind up where to put this. So please move it if you feel its in the wrong thread.

I have a Canon 450D SLR camera and I need a course which will teach me how to use all of the different settings. Does anyone know where I can learn?

I am based in Keighley.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    probably not what you mean, but you could start off by looking in photography magazines because they have all sorts or info on different cameras, projects you could do, etc. I think if you have a project to do, it makes it more fun to learn about and find out what settings you need to achieve a particular effect.
    failing that, try looking at free college courses, or see if there are any local clubs you could attend.
    Keighley College?
    Keighley College?

I've emailed Keighley College, but they are now called Leeds City Campus.

I've also emailed Craven College (Skipton).
  • Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hi Mr.Ferrari,

Try Floodlight for West Yorkshire: http://leeds.floodlight.co.uk/ - it lists lots of evening courses including several on photography. Not sure whether you'll find something advanced in Keighley, but there is a big photography unit at Bradford College, which is tied into the museum. It's where I did my photography training, back in 1998!

Olly
    My dad told me about a guy who runs courses. Lives in Howarth, so might ask about his courses.