Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

After quitting McD's, I got laid off from BK

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
BK in my area was bleeding money and having a business slowdown. A manager had to commute between 2 stores bc they had to cut back on management. They let go of several people...including me and even the manager who hired me lost her job. And now, they closed 2 out of 3 stores in town. The people they hired for lawn service was let go. It still feels so personal. For instance, what if I didn't yell for a coworker to shoot me shoot me! I must have said, "shoot me. I'ma die anyway" several times. I feel that somehow contributed to my layoff.

btw, also the seniority thing sinc i was there 3 weeks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not sure what you're actually asking here. Was this recent or are you just filling us in for context?
    Don't take it personally, I've found BK have been bleeding money for years. Their food is disgusting, pricey, no competition for McDonald's when they have just as many (and bigger) stores to stomp over them.
    piccolo wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you're actually asking here. Was this recent or are you just filling us in for context?

I was just asking whether I should take it personally or not lol.
    Yes, you should take it personally.
    Yes, you should take it personally.

why?
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    I was just asking whether I should take it personally or not lol.

Hey stoned_angel,
    Did you ask your manager why you lost your job? Hopefully they gave you a reason. It sounds as though it wasn't a personal thing because they were laying others off too, it sounds as though they were trying to save money. However, when you are made redundant your manager (or the person doing it) should explain why.
    LauraO
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Don't take it personally, I've found BK have been bleeding money for years. Their food is disgusting, pricey, no competition for McDonald's when they have just as many (and bigger) stores to stomp over them.
    That was because I stopped working there.
    LauraO wrote: »
    Hey stoned_angel,
    Did you ask your manager why you lost your job? Hopefully they gave you a reason. It sounds as though it wasn't a personal thing because they were laying others off too, it sounds as though they were trying to save money. However, when you are made redundant your manager (or the person doing it) should explain why.
    LauraO

Yes my manager and a few other people were in the same room when the layoff happened. She told us explicitly she was letting us go. what do you mean by made redundant? Just curious.
    Yes my manager and a few other people were in the same room when the layoff happened. She told us explicitly she was letting us go. what do you mean by made redundant? Just curious.

Redundant means they're letting you go and not replacing you because your job no longer exists.
    Most people will get made redundant at some point in their lives. These days I imagine most people will get made redundant at more than one point in their lives. There is no point in taking it personally.
    piccolo wrote: »
    Redundant means they're letting you go and not replacing you because your job no longer exists.

lol. I'm sure glad there are no definite positions in fast food. They just schedule by labor (sales divided by employee costs.)
    She told us explicitly she was letting us go.

Did she use swear words and have her fanny out while she was doing it?

no

:lol: It took me a moment...