Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anxiety- Desperation, please help me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Growing up I had very little attention with boys and therefoew when I went to university I was keen to persue relationships. Shortly after starting I got into a relationship with a boy and was with him for two years, up until four months ago. However, things with him where never amazing and I only stayed with him because I wanted someone to be with. The problem was, I was a compulsive liear, lying to get attention to make me feel good. I then turned to anxiety and found that the best way to get my bf to say nice things was to seek reassurance from him constantly. Eventually I began to suffer extreme anxiety when we were apart and I would worry that he would be falling out of love with me and would end it. After a while, I decided this realtionship wasnt for me and I ended it.

I am now with a new man and this person makes me 100% sure that my ex was not the right person for me. He is what I would have wanted and he is the perfect guy for me, he is the kindest person I have ever met.:heart:
At first things were ideal, we had fun, too much actually and I neglected my friends and studies. But now, my anxiety has set in and we have been arguing. I know that he is right for me and things will be amazing if I just conquer my anxiety, any tips.
I have seen counsellors but not for long, but to no avsil. :banghead:

Also, any idea how to keep having fun with my bf, but cheaply xxxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi, welcome to TheSite :)

Have you ever discussed any of these problems/feelings with your current guy ??
    By the sound of it, your really close, so it would probably help you :)

Hope things get better soon *hug*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think counselling is one of those things that takes time, you often don't notice what an effect it has made until you look back at where you were when you started. So try to keep going to it :)