Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Simple Displeasures

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I thought I'd mirror Kaff. What little things day to day will inevitably tick you off?

For me:

Stubbing your toe. It hurts like buggery and you're a pussy if you let on.

Needing to do two things with equal urgency - like needing to pee and needing to drink, or being absolutely shattered and starving - and being unable to decide which to do.

Burning something that would of been a perfect meal if you'd taken it out of the oven five minutes earlier

Comments

• Options
    Having to fight for space on a 2 seater sofa with 2 dogs. Meanwhile, there's enough space on the other sofa.
  • Options
    keys that don't work
  • Options
    Ooo ooo I know - turning the lightswitch for the light that doesn't have a bulb and hasn't for years, every single day because it's next to the one that does work.
  • Options
    chips that are cold by the time you get them home
  • Options
    Making a drink and then knocking it over couple of minutes later
  • Options
    Straightening your hair then getting soaked by the rain
  • Options
    People at work asking the same question they asked me the day/week/month before.......

My tea going cold in the morning whilst I'm snoozing...
  • Options
    Missing a train by 3 minutes when the next one isn't for an hour :grump:
  • Options
    running for the bus, getting to the stop in time and it doesnt even pull over
  • Options
    Lighting your cigarette two seconds before you see your bus turn into your road.
  • Options
    Lighting your cigarette two seconds before you see your bus turn into your road.

I really like that! It's the subtle cigarette magic which makes the bus come
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    I really like that! It's the subtle cigarette magic which makes the bus come
    Not when I didn't have time to put it out properly and ended up having to throw a whole ciggie away :(
  • Options
    spending ages cleaning and tidying only to have OH or OHs brother walk in and make a mess within five mins
  • Options
    Gloomy weather on a Sunday
  • Options
    Doing a crap load of washing up. All washed, rinsed and drying on the drainer. Surfaces all wiped down, clean and sparkly. Make yourself a cup of tea to go for a sit down and.................. you've missed the fucking frying pan/grill pan/roasting tin.
  • Options
    putting a whole wash together just for one piece of clothing.......then realising it fell out the pile on your way downstairs :impissed:
  • Options
    being called onto tills/stopped by a customers 2mins before going on your break
    people parking like tards i.e on junctions/taking up 2 spaces/blocking our driveway ect
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Doing a crap load of washing up. All washed, rinsed and drying on the drainer. Surfaces all wiped down, clean and sparkly. Make yourself a cup of tea to go for a sit down and.................. you've missed the fucking frying pan/grill pan/roasting tin.

I always used to do that at uni.:impissed:

Having 2 dogs who always stick their big heads in my view.
  • Options
    When someone moves a wheely chair while I'm sat on it. I don't know why, but it really makes my blood boil!

Also people who drive right up your arse in the inside lane of the motorway when the middle and outside lanes are both clear. JUST OVERTAKE ME, SHITBRICK :grump:
  • Options
    Also, drivers that sit in the middle lane clearly NOT overtaking which means I have to move from the inside lane, to the middle lane, to the outisde lane, then back again. Or undertake.
  • Options
    School run drivers generally
  • Options
    When getting a bloodtest done, that one pissing woman that can't find a vein.
  • Options
    When my supervisor reappears at his desk next to mine, 2 minutes before I was planning on disappearing for the day.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Interruptions. Like when I'm doing something and the phone rings or someone knocks on the door etc.

Interruptions, happening one after the other in quick succession without being related to each other (it seems to happen a lot).

Seeing a random woman in the street/bus/restaurant/whatever, thinking she's cute/pretty/sexy/whatever and then seeing her light up a cigarette.
    Not that I was going to do anything anyway, but I still consider this a kind of curse on me. It seems to happen 9 out of 10 times.
  • Options
    When spot hasnt come through yet but you can feel it and can tell its gonna be a big, painful son of a bitch
  • Options
    The fact that every letter I seem to get these days is a bank statement telling me how much money I don't have or a bill. I miss nice letters.
  • Options
    Lecturers flicking through the slides too quickly while you're making notes at a million miles an hour

Tonsilitis :grump:
  • Options
    Sexy Man: Would you like to go out on Thursday?
    Evenstar: <inward squeal> Sure, sounds like fun, what do you want to do?
    Sexy Man: Dunno.
    Evenstar: :grump:
  • Options
    People saying common phrases wrongly. Like, 'from opposed to'. Why would you say that?!!
  • Options
    The little dog trying to take up as much as he can.