Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Would I be eligible for compensation?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    moonlift wrote: »
    They got back to me :P, they said I definately have a case.

They take things into consideration ie how long i was off school, how it affected my grades, how i couldnt wash how it affected it mentally as i was going through puberty etc, was 12 or so at the time.

They? Who are 'they'? Sounds like 'they' are more interested in taking your money. You're unlikely to win.
    They got back to me :P, they said I definately have a case...thanks for the "friendly" feedback. assholes.

If you've gone to Sue, Grabbit and Runne solicitors they will say you have a case. That's what they do.

The Statute of Limitations Act says you don't, regardless of anything else.

Other than that, schools do have a duty of care to make sure that you're not exposed to unreasonable risk, but playing running games in a gym is not unreasonable. You should watch where you're running.
    They got back to me :P, they said I definately have a case.

They take things into consideration ie how long i was off school, how it affected my grades, how i couldnt wash how it affected it mentally as i was going through puberty etc, was 12 or so at the time.

thanks for the "friendly" feedback. assholes.

think you guys are ignoring the fact they took a risk of playing an outside game in doors, which isnt very safe, way more chance of someone getting hurt.. and focusing more on "i ran into a wall, its their fault" over simplification. lol'd.

Of course they will say youve got a case.

Doesnt mean youll win
    If you thought anybody was going to justify your trying to sue a school for your own stupidity just because you CAN, you were sadly mistaken.
    think you guys are ignoring the fact they took a risk of playing an outside game in doors, which isnt very safe, way more chance of someone getting hurt.. and focusing more on "i ran into a wall, its their fault" over simplification. lol'd.

You ran into a fucking wall. Contrary to popular belief, your school is not responsible for you being a fucking dickhead. Like Scary says, what is an outside game? Only things I can think of that would qualify would be stuff like discus/javelin/shotput, and since I am assuming you weren't playing outside because of weather, I don't think it was those things. Not that any of them involve any running.

Take some responsibility for your own fucking stupidity, you douche.
    i ran into a lampost once cos i wasnt watching where i was going.
    Who can I sue?
    It wa 20 years ago. Have i left it too late? I was bloody late for afternoon lessons afterwards so i think i deserve compensation
    Who can I sue?
    It wa 20 years ago. Have i left it too late? I was bloody late for afternoon lessons afterwards so i think i deserve compensation
    :heart:
    Who can I sue?

Who came off worse? You or the lampost?:p

You broke your wrists FFS. It wasn't like you were involved in a high speed car crash and 20 years later, you're fully reliant on a wheelchair and other people to care for you, is it?

What good is suing going to do? It's not like you were unable to work ever again.

You think that was bad? I was once walking across my bedroom at night and stubbed my little toe on the corner of the bed. The emotional trauma of that night still lives on and I'm too afraid to even leave the house.

I'll accept cash, cheque, banker's draft or direct bank transfer. Unfortunately I do not accept American Express.
    I also accept paypal if that makes it easier
    Where there's blame! :D

Which affected you financially, how? Broken wrists don't normally take that long to heal.

Excuse me? You didn't get the answer you wanted, so you're now resorting to insults?