Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

That Beautiful Feeling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya!

Bit of a weird one this, but it's worth a try!

Does anyone know how orgasms work exactly? I'm talking about all the physiological, biological and chemical reactions around the body and brain...?

Why does it feel so good? What happens inside us at that critical point?

Always wanted to know!

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    I've heard a theory that the walls of the insides of a woman (sorry for my ignorance but I'm not sure what it's name is!) contract rapidly and this draws the mans sperm further into the woman to increase the chances of a sucessful meeting with the egg. Not sure whether this is true but it sounds feasible to me.

Please can someone tell me what that part of a woman is called and nobody say vagina!!! :)
  • Options
    Is it the uterus? I think it's probably an evolution type thing where pleasure encourages more sex and hence more offspring. It seems to be the accepted theory that the female orgasm is to move the sperm into the right place and I guess the actual feeling is a "reward" for furthering the population - not that that's on most people's minds when they have sex.
  • Options
    Originally posted by CossieT25
    I've heard a theory that the walls of the insides of a woman (sorry for my ignorance but I'm not sure what it's name is!) contract rapidly and this draws the mans sperm further into the woman to increase the chances of a sucessful meeting with the egg. Not sure whether this is true but it sounds feasible to me.

Please can someone tell me what that part of a woman is called and nobody say vagina!!! :)

the part you are referring to IS the vagina, that is the actual hole, then there is the cervix and the uterus. the outside area around the vagina is the vulva. does that help?