Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Dimbleby Lecture 2011

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am I the only person whom watched it tonight?

If not, what did you think?

NB Story

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Of course we should get rid of school league tables. They create a system in which access to the best schools depends on your ability to buy houses in a nice area. Finland don't have school league tables, and they've been the judged the best education system in the world for about ten years now, until South Korea took over this year (after learning a lot from the Finns, I might add). The most recent PISA study advised against competition between schools, and league tables are just another form of that.
    It's a shame really that the article focussed on that part because the lecture was much, much bigger than that.

It was about children's rights in general and our responsibility towards children across the world.

Quite powerful, but ultimately futile I suspect.
    It's a shame really that the article focussed on that part because the lecture was much, much bigger than that.

It was about children's rights in general and our responsibility towards children across the world.

Quite powerful, but ultimately futile I suspect.

I watched it last night, it was very moving :yes: