Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My reputation is ruined

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I live in a town of 50,000 but it seems to me like everyone seems to know the things I did and they don't like it. idk if I ever put that up here in detail, so I'll start w/ school. A girl named Jessica refused to be friends with me from DAY 1. Did it matter that everyone else initially talked to me? Not at that time. I tried to beg and bribe her to be my friend and then I cursed out everyone but Jessica bc I needed to let off steam. I also screamed obscenities in the coffee shop and then had a car accident on the way home bc I was just too angry. g2g to be continued...

Comments

• Options
    I also hit and threw stuff shitload of times. In the end, I had to leave school. All bc Jessica disliked me b4 she knew me.

At Wal-Mart, Emma won't be my friend, so I begged her and paid her money, only to be written up for harassment. I also stood by the fitting room instead of working bc she worked in the nearby dept. I got poor eval for lack of productivity and was very angry. I also resisted ppl greeting bc that took away from pursuing Emma. In the end, I cursed out Melrose and physically assaulted the fitting room pole. Got canned for that.

Then the thing at McD's w/ Kyra...

And now it turns out that everyone knows each other. So my rep ruined? I think so.
  • Options
    Just out of interest, but how many threads are you going to start about the same thing? How is this different from all of the other threads which describe how you treated someone like shit and then question why they may not like you?

It's not just here either, is it? How many other boards have you posted this on?

Are you truly looking for help with this issue, or are you actually seeking attention for something else, something deeper?
  • Options
    Just out of interest, but how many threads are you going to start about the same thing? How is this different from all of the other threads which describe how you treated someone like shit and then question why they may not like you?

It's not just here either, is it? How many other boards have you posted this on?

Are you truly looking for help with this issue, or are you actually seeking attention for something else, something deeper?

This is about school and work and how I'm never gonna be able to go back as long as I live here. Yes, I'm looking for answers.
  • Options
    But answers about what?
  • Options
    The answer you what if for us to tell you that what you've done is right and everyone else is wrong for hating you. Thats the wrong answer.

We've given you proper answers but you're not paying attention to them, you just keeping asking the same question over and over
  • Options
    But answers about what?

how to accept that not everyone is gonna like me and how to be satisfied w/ the ppl who did. I didn't even know nobody is liked by everyone until college. Al I slow?
  • Options
    Have you seen a counsellor or anything like that? I would suggest therapy of some sort to help you with this
  • Options
    Well, I'm starting to wonder if you really want help, given that you have already had the same questions answered here... and here plus the 140-odd comments on your blog about it...
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Have you seen a counsellor or anything like that? I would suggest therapy of some sort to help you with this

yes I saw a counselor. Started when the Jessica thing happened.
  • Options
    yes I saw a counselor. Started when the Jessica thing happened.

i think u need to see them alot more
  • Options
    You just have to accept it, like everyone else has to accept, that for example hot colleague doesn't fancy you back and you have to see her everyday and her douche boyfriend. It is as it is. Sometimes you are not at fault for anyone not liking you, sometimes they are just weird, or they don't like your aftershave or your pheromones or whatever.

Go to a therapist or simply "Deal with it." Just stop caring and try to bear that someone does not like you and it will become easier with time. It's probably like stop smoking. You need to stay strong and just not do it, but after some time you are not missing it anymore.

Nothing else I can say, except sucks to be you. :razz:
  • Options
    Hollyboo?
  • Options
    That entity was UK based, this user sounds very american :)
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    That entity was UK based, this user sounds very american :)

That's cuz I live in America.
  • Options
    I think you need to chill out and grow up a bit - sometimes people won't like you. It doesn't actually matter, get over it!

There is no 'answer' just try engaging your brain :) Things often don't just happen you have to apply some thought and effort yourself.
  • Options
    But answers about what?

the meaning to life etc....which is obviously 42
  • Options
    I think you also need to accept that there are consequences to your actions that you cant avoid. You cant go around behaving in such a nasty way, expect instant forgiveness and then feel like a victim when you don't get it.
  • Options
    i think u need to see them alot more

Think you need a psychiatrist not a counsellor.
  • Options
    Blacksheep wrote: »
    Think you need a psychiatrist not a counsellor.

I just got started w/ a shrink lol
  • Options
    The issue is not so much that you have anger issues its that you seem to lack empathy and the ability to see things from another persons perspective. Most angry people are actually mortified by the way they have behaved and once they have calmed down feel bad and guilty about how they have treated people. You don't seem to care.

You also seem completely incapable of seeing this situation from your co-workers point of view. You don't seem to be able to make the link that if you throw tantrums and damage property it will upset people and make them want to avoid you. Instead you just feel like a victim and complain that it does not feel good to be ostracized. You have to grow up and start understanding the concept of actions = consequences if you are ever going to be taken seriously by anyone.
  • Options
    JanePerson wrote: »
    The issue is not so much that you have anger issues its that you seem to lack empathy and the ability to see things from another persons perspective. Most angry people are actually mortified by the way they have behaved and once they have calmed down feel bad and guilty about how they have treated people. You don't seem to care.

You also seem completely incapable of seeing this situation from your co-workers point of view. You don't seem to be able to make the link that if you throw tantrums and damage property it will upset people and make them want to avoid you. Instead you just feel like a victim and complain that it does not feel good to be ostracized. You have to grow up and start understanding the concept of actions = consequences if you are ever going to be taken seriously by anyone.

I do know that my meltdowns make others uncomfortable around me. Kyra prolly doesn't like me "harrassing" her to be my friend. And that was a place of business. They can't have someone putting their rage in there. So yeah, my actions have consequences.
  • Options
    I live in a town of 50,000 but it seems to me like everyone seems to know the things I did and they don't like it. idk if I ever put that up here in detail, so I'll start w/ school. A girl named Jessica refused to be friends with me from DAY 1. Did it matter that everyone else initially talked to me? Not at that time. I tried to beg and bribe her to be my friend and then I cursed out everyone but Jessica bc I needed to let off steam. I also screamed obscenities in the coffee shop and then had a car accident on the way home bc I was just too angry. g2g to be continued...

As a matter of interest, what exactly was your 'reputation' in town before you 'ruined' it?
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, what exactly was your 'reputation' in town before you 'ruined' it?

a good one. I used to have friends b4 I treated them like shit.
  • Options
    a good one. I used to have friends b4 I treated them like shit.

Before or after you started smoking weed?
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Before or after you started smoking weed?

I never smoked weed, but yeah, I had friends b4 my rage issues became a problem. And they only become a problem when I run into ppl like Kyra. y'kno who dislikes me for no reason.
  • Options
    I never smoked weed,

Your user name suggests differently......

y'kno who dislikes me for no reason.

From everything you've ever written it seems you lose your temper with people over the smallest of things and then can't understand why people don't want to be near you. You say you're 21? Most people grow out of this sort of stuff before they leave school. The ones that don't are quite understandably ostracised/shunned by the rest of us.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Your user name suggests differently......

From everything you've ever written it seems you lose your temper with people over the smallest of things and then can't understand why people don't want to be near you. You say you're 21? Most people grow out of this sort of stuff before they leave school. The ones that don't are quite understandably ostracised/shunned by the rest of us.

Just wanna know y initially, everyone talked to me but her. I mean, I know she had her reason, but idk what it is since she hated me from DAY 1, before she even knew me. That's what's killing me. And how do you know my username don't mean angels made of stone? I seen those.
  • Options
    She doesn't like you, you really need to have to get over it. Not everyone is going to like you in life, same for everyone.
  • Options
    And how do you know my username don't mean angels made of stone? I seen those.

That's up there with "dog ate my homework" in the book of lame excuses.
  • Options
    That's up there with "dog ate my homework" in the book of lame excuses.

Ok, my explanation of stoned is obviously not gonna work, so I'll just say I DON'T SMOKE WEED!!! lol