Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Take advantage of a pricing screw up!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Morning, just came across this obvious pricing mix up http://www.ashopping.biz/p-2573957.html Anyway, I placed an order and it went through. So lets see if amazon will honor the price shown on site.:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    id be concerned it was on purpose to get peoples credit card details if it was from a site id never seen before.

be careful
  • Options
    thats what I thought at first Suzy, it redirects to Amazon though:p
  • Options
    It didnt for me
  • Options
  • Options
    wow. If i needed one, id go for that
  • Options
    I've ordered one just to see what happens. I need a printer.
  • Options
    It's almost tempting to order one just so that when the price goes up again I can undercut them like woah and still make a huge profit :D
  • Options
    Despite our efforts, a small number of the millions of products in our catalogue are mispriced. Rest assured, however, that we verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures. If a product's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and send you the product. If a product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatch or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

Been there before. You won't get it for £3.
  • Options
    Sadly, under contract law, the price posted on a website consitutes an invitation to treat (in legal parlance) and not a bona fide offer of contract to undertake the transaction for the specified price. If they realise their fuck-up, they would however have to inform you of the actual price and ask if you wanted to proceed with the transaction.
  • Options
    Same as in shops. Say you see a bottle of vodka with a price tag of 99p. The shop doesn't have to sell you it for 99p. In fact they don't have to sell you it at all. IF, however, they sell it to you for it's full retail price (say £10) and it says 99p on the shelf then they're broken tut law.

Oh, and as far as online stuff goes. There's probably a disclaimer type thing along the lines of 'Prices/offers may be withdrawn/changed at any time without prior notice so if you don't like it fuck off to Currys'
  • Options
    I've ordered one just to see what happens. I need a printer.

Same here.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Same as in shops. Say you see a bottle of vodka with a price tag of 99p. The shop doesn't have to sell you it for 99p. In fact they don't have to sell you it at all. IF, however, they sell it to you for it's full retail price (say £10) and it says 99p on the shelf then they're broken tut law.

Almost. The price on the shelf is an "invitation to treat", i.e. the shop saying that the product is available for a price. You then make an offer to buy the product at the checkout, usually for the price on the shelf, and the shop then decides whether to accept that offer.

If there has been a mistake on the shelf, the shop can make a counter-offer for the correct price, and it is for you to decide whether to accept their offer or not.

It's only against the law to put deliberately misleading prices on the shelf, mistakes are not against the law. This is clearly a mistake as no reasonable shop would ever sell a laser printer with an RRP of £235 for £3.
  • Options
    Though if they dispatch it they then cant in theory ask for it back?
  • Options
    If you've completed the transaction, which in online retail usually means you have, in order for it to be posted, then no. That was their mistake.
  • Options
    "Usually Dispatched in 2 to 4 Weeks"

I'm guessing they'll probably notice before they send it out.
  • Options
    I thought it was when they took the money out of your account (relating to online orders) that it becomes a contract, they can take payment then ship afterwards.
  • Options
    thats probably why most places wont take the money out of your account till its been shipped
  • Options
    "Dear Customer

We are writing to inform you that the price for the item

- Brother HL-4140CN - Printer - colour - laser - Legal, A4 - 2400 dpi x 600 dpi - Asin: B0047753F4

was displayed incorrectly at the time you placed the above referenced order.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Pricing and Availability Policy (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=1040614), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we contact the customer before dispatching.

All affected orders have now been cancelled. If you still wish to purchase this item, please place a new order online as from tomorrow, which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this error, and rest assured that we will continue to make every effort to maintain the accuracy of all prices on our site.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message."

:p One had to try ....
  • Options
    I've seen a report on mispriced stuff once. Back then it was like this: If you order it and they realize the fuckup they more or less cancel the order and apologize and ask if you want to buy for the real price.

If, however, you already paid, then they are obliged to send you the product for the amount you paid them.