Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Not the same any more

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im a 3rd year student at university and really struggling at the moment. I wouldnt say anyone off my course are real close friends but over the past 3 years I got on best with a girl and have grown to like her greatly. She knows how I feel and has known since way back when we started. We have had our arguments over the past 3 years. It is because she can be evasive and defensive at times with me when I mention anything outside of university. She thinks I am trying to get with her but I am not, I just want to be her friend. Despite our arguments she has always given me another chance to be her friend but I cant help thinking she thinks I am a loser. I feel immature saying all of that but it is only because I got on best with her, I just want to be her friend, I have told her all of that. She has said she has had enough and that if nothing more gets mentioned then we could end up being freinds.

She is extremely tired of me now and I just regret the situation ending up like this. We havent got long left on the course now. The reaosn why I am so upset is because I rarely meet people like her. We got on so well together and now I have no chance with her, not even as a mate. I feel like a loser to her because of me coming across so desparate. I do not know what to do now.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think you should give her the space she's asking for, otherwise she's made it clear your friendship may come to an end. I know it's hard when you like someone so much, but in the long run it would be more beneficial for you to meet new people and make some new friends. Try not to hold someone in such high esteem that you dismiss other friendships, noone is perfect and the more you focus on one person, the more pressurised they are likely to feel and ultimately they may decide the friendship isn't worth it