Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Holocaust question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey,

I have to think of a question about the holocaust then answer it ... using a primary souce & secondary sources if poss and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas for questions (interesting if possible) maybe something you would ask or anythin? Its for a university essay but most questions are fine

any ideas?

Thanks x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    What work on the holocaust have you done already?
  • Options
    Here's a question... Did it really happen?
  • Options
    we've basicaly being looking at things leading up to the holocaust like blood libels & stuff but were meant to find a source & think up a question then answer it using the source & some sources to back it up its weird & i dont understand :(

and i don't know what main source would focus on did it happen also i feel bad for all the people who died to doubt that it happened, thanks though
  • Options
    So you are being asked to look at the propaganda which alienated and dehumanised the jews (and others) in many peoples eyes and which create the culture in which genocide could happen?
  • Options
    yeah kind of or any books or anything written about it and basicaly just talk about it lol or you can write about the hatred of Jews before the holocaust and why and stuff like that anything to do with Jews in or before the holocaust really
  • Options
    playdead wrote: »
    we've basicaly being looking at things leading up to the holocaust like blood libels & stuff but were meant to find a source & think up a question then answer it using the source & some sources to back it up its weird & i dont understand :(

and i don't know what main source would focus on did it happen also i feel bad for all the people who died to doubt that it happened, thanks though

Why don't you read through the Wikipedia entry and then see if a question pops out at you then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust
  • Options
    Read the Gospels of Matthew and John - you can trace their legacy through medieval and modern Christendom.

How much was created in the medieval world is arguable, but I do think the original texts overemphasise the role of the Jewish authorities and people in the execution of Jesus (probably in the context of a controversy in Christianity as a Jewish sect in the first century) and have poisoned Christian culture.