Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I got assaulted

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got smashed in the face the other week from the side when I wasnt looking.
It was completely out of the blue and unprovoked and to make it worse it was a supposed "mate" who did it!!!!!!:mad:

Im fucking angry,my face was swollen to fuck and Ive had a massive black eye all week (although its gone now) and Im so pissed off.......but in shock too.
Mainly because it was so unprovoked,now Ive had some trouble before but it was a confrontation and provoked.I would never even DREAM of smacking someone for no reason AND when they werent even looking!!!:mad:

Also,I never managed to smack the cunt a few back,as I was knocked back over a table and ended up on a sofa with no idea what or who had done it.
Then when I realised it was him I couldnt get over to smack him back as people wouldnt let me.:banghead:

I know this is gonna sound stupid but Im worried people will think Im a bit of a pussy now as I didnt get on back in and we have a score to settle,although everyone who knows about it think hes a complete prick.

But like I said,Im not a violent person unless someone attacks me first,and I think thats whats getting to me the most.The feeling that I got done,didnt get a punch back and its kinda knocked my confidence I had of being able to defend myself.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you'd had the chance at the time I wouldn't have thought anything about it if you punched him back. Now that time has elapsed, there's nothing you can do, apart from know he's a prick.
    IMHO im more likely to admire a guy who can take the high ground and walk away leaving the other guy looking like a dick than one who gives in to trying to prove how much of man he is by doing him in. It doesnt make you look any better than him, just that you think you can get by by being violent. If everybody knows he's a prick then doing anything now isnt going to change that.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    spark him out.
    Weekender Offender 
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    IMHO im more likely to admire a guy who can take the high ground and walk away leaving the other guy looking like a dick than one who gives in to trying to prove how much of man he is by doing him in. It doesnt make you look any better than him, just that you think you can get by by being violent. If everybody knows he's a prick then doing anything now isnt going to change that.

:yes: prove you're the bigger person and let it lie
    Evenstar wrote: »
    :yes: he hit, you hit back, now prove you're the bigger person and let it lie

he didnt hit back. i personally wouldn't be able to to let everybody think somebody can do that and get away with it. id be worried others think they can takee the piss without consequences too.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    he didnt hit back. i personally wouldn't be able to to let everybody think somebody can do that and get away with it. id be worried others think they can takee the piss without consequences too.

my mistake!
    What the hell does it matter what someone thinks though?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Evenstar wrote: »
    :yes: prove you're the bigger person and let it lie
    Yep.
    Was their any booze involved? How long had you been mates for?

I'd just leave it be now, the moments passed like Katralla has mentioned.

To be fair, if you already know that you hang around with people who might think that they can take the piss like this, then you have other problems to worry about

:yeees:

For the OP the moment has passed, anything know is just revenge and won't do anything to improve the situation. I am assuming that no-one is hanging around with this guy anymore?
    MoK wrote: »
    To be fair, if you already know that you hang around with people who might think that they can take the piss like this, then you have other problems to worry about

I'm not talking about my mates here. I don't what world you live in, but in mine I sometimes come across some nasty people. There are horrible cunts everywhere in life unfortunately.

If you get assaulted you basically have three options. Do nothing, go to the gavers or retaliate.

Doing nothing is the worst idea of the three. Just lets everybody know you're a pushover. At least if you go to the gavers it show that you're not prepared to let them get away with it. Saying that I the geezer who stabbed me up got away scott free which only fucked me off more.
    If you retaliate, you at risk from the law, but it ain't half satisfying and you you do let others know your prepared to stand up foryouself, meaning you less likely to get grief in future.

This is playground stuff. The bigger man is not the one that walks away, the one that walks away tends to carry on getting bullied. the bigger man's the one that stands up for himself.
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm not talking about my mates here. I don't what world you live in, but in mine I sometimes come across some nasty people. There are horrible cunts everywhere in life unfortunately...

Doing nothing is the worst idea of the three. Just lets everybody know you're a pushover. ...

This is playground stuff. The bigger man is not the one that walks away, the one that walks away tends to carry on getting bullied. the bigger man's the one that stands up for himself.

Unless you live in a pretty small town then most people won't know that anything happened or won't give a shit.

Generally though I don't disagree with the sentiment that someone should stick up for themselves, but not days or weeks later. Too late.
    It sounds like the guy is a cunt, it also sounds like he will probably be the sort of bloke who runs straight to the police if you do retaliate. Next time just be more like a coiled spring and get him back straight away.

Or stop children from gatecrashing your parties and hanging out with you and your mates, because the guy sounds like a child.
    spark him out.

YES!

Do NOT let it lie.

Why would it dent your confidence that you can handle yourself getting sucker punched? If you don't see it coming...there is nothing you can do. Call him out, one on one, and sort him out.
    Hmmmm,I agree with skive and spliffie personally.
    It has dented my confidence to be honest too.
    I mean,honestly Ive never been much of a fighter really but I can handle myself enough to fight back you know,and the fact I didnt smack him back and how he smacked me is really eating me up and getting to me.:banghead:

To be honest though I think calling him out one on one wouldnt work,he wouldnt go for it,plus I got the police involved on him too so it wouldnt look good for me.
    And to be honest I`d only really fight someone in the moment type thing.

I`ll sort it out though,somehow......Im a patient man.
    The Leaf wrote: »
    Hmmmm,I agree with skive and spliffie personally.
    It has dented my confidence to be honest too.
    I mean,honestly Ive never been much of a fighter really but I can handle myself enough to fight back you know,and the fact I didnt smack him back and how he smacked me is really eating me up and getting to me.:banghead:

To be honest though I think calling him out one on one wouldnt work,he wouldnt go for it,plus I got the police involved on him too so it wouldnt look good for me.
    And to be honest I`d only really fight someone in the moment type thing.

I`ll sort it out though,somehow......Im a patient man.

You called the police?

:no:
    Spliffie wrote: »
    You called the police?

:no:

Works for most people. I can guarantee this bloke would have called the police if the OP retaliated because he sounds like the sort of person to hit someone then go crying if they hit him back. I see it all the time at work. Why get into the shit for someone like that?
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Works for most people. I can guarantee this bloke would have called the police if the OP retaliated because he sounds like the sort of person to hit someone then go crying if they hit him back. I see it all the time at work. Why get into the shit for someone like that?

You can guarantee it? REALLY? :lol:

My advice was to call him out one on one, someone who accepts the offer isn't someone who's going to run to the police.
    My advice was to call him out one on one.

Yeah,I did think of that but he sent a text saying "sorry" so I`m guessing he wouldnt have come out one on one anyway to be honest.

Anyway,hes probably gonna just be given a caution by the police,makes me wonder whether it was worth it reallly.
    Keep thinking it would have been quicker and easier to sort him myself.

But then I do think he would of gone to the police for that...
    You can guarantee it? REALLY? :lol:

My advice was to call him out one on one, someone who accepts the offer isn't someone who's going to run to the police.

I can guarantee it because the bloke sounds like the sort of cowardly bastard who would have run to the police because he lost a fight he started. Of course it's obvious you know better.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Of course it's obvious you know better.

Agreed on that.