Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

things to find out before having sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thing is, i have a tendancy to move a little fast sometimes in relationships... im interested to know suggestions of things which you think you should know about someone before trying to start a relationship or sleeping with someone?

so here are a few i thought of;
1. their name
2. the type of music they like

add to the list!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's all you can come up with? I wish I knew some ladies like you then :)

You might want to add STI status, marital status for example
    hahaha obviously its not all i could think of! :p but i was asking for other peoples ideas not my own!
    um.. what they want from the encounter... relationship, FB or fling?
    sexual orientation ??
    i was thinking more personal things like personality charachteristics you might want to know? id hope if your getting up close and personal with someone its a given you would know their sexuality, etc...
    I dont know about anyone else but for a fling I just need to know i can trust the person.

For a relationship I'd at the very least like to know that we have things in common, music tastes etc, so we have stuff to talk about. Also know how arrogant/vain/into their looks he is cos i cant stand stuff like that. Other things you just find out over time
    yeah,

hobbies and all that, id want an idea of what id spend my time doing if i were to get together with them
    Spit or Swallow? :D
    If there will ever be a next time for me (which I hope not) I'd like to know if their parents are insane before getting involved.
    do they have any condoms?
    Just spending time with someone over a period of time can give u a basis of what a person is like but if a guy or girl does not want u to know what they are really like they will hide it well (until your stuck in a relationship with them or already had sex) then it may be difficult to get out. Trust your instincts even if u feel its silly. Don't give anyone all of u to begin with take your time and get to know someone if more guys and girls did this there would be a lot less hurting x
    Do you know my wife?