Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Quitting.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Posting this more on the boyfriends behalf, than mine, as I'm finding it okay... although I have been VERY stressed!
I've gone 9 days without a fag though :yippe: he's only gone two... and is finding it VERY difficult! I've tried to help him, and given him advice on things he can do instead (like keeping his hands busy by drawing etc.), but it's not really working for him. Does any one have any tips? He doesn't want to use nicotine patches or anything.
Thankies :) x

Comments

• Options
    ahh, good luck both of you ! xx

have you tried sticking a piece of gum in your mouth instead of a fag ?? x

some people say it works kinda like a stress ball for you teeth haha x
  • Options
    I found, on the times when i've tried to give up, gum and mkints sort of made my mouth feel clean, so i wanted a fag :) Can't really give you any advice but well done on 9 days. Apparently the first 7 are the hardest.
  • Options
    Chupa Chups
  • Options
    Thanks guys :) I'll tell him these things tomorrow. x
  • Options
    Hello Broken-Angel,
    I am glad your friend has a supportive caring friend like YOU, there is not much I can say to be honest just wanted to say WELDONE for helping him.
    Best ways are to keep disstracted through all the Fags away and chew of suck on a hard sweet, could you tell him that? I do hope things work out for you *hug*
  • Options
    why does he not want to use the nicotine patches?

I've heard that the ciggie is good... the fake one?
  • Options
    Becauseeee, he doesn't want to be addicted to nicotine still. He says if he's going to quit, then he's going to quit completely (we have a friend who has quit smoking months ago, but still uses patches etc.)
  • Options
    probably no help whatsoever, as they still contain nicotine, but on the aeroplane the other day we got offered "cigarettes" for on the flight.

basically you look like you are smoking but without the smoke and crap (still got nicotine though).