Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Possible New Relationship and Valentines Day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been kinda seeing a girl for a month or so and we've gone on 3 dates. We seem to get on pretty well and the thought of what I was going to do on Valentines Day came into my head.

We're very casual. I want to take things slow because I've only been single for a month and she doesn't seem to be very experienced with relationships/dating. I want to do something for Valentines Day but I'm not sure if we've been seeing each other long enough?

I don't think we've been seeing each other long enough to get her a present but I thought I could get her a card and suggest she comes to my house (she hasn't been before) and cooking her dinner and watch a DVD. Now before you guys start thinking I'm trying to sleep with her, I'm not. I just don't see the point in spending almost £100 which i can't really afford on a meal which should only cost about half of that. I also think it would be good to spend time with her in a more relaxed setting rather than a public date kinda thing. I don't want her thinking that either though.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cooking her something she really likes, with candles etc is often more appreciated than a trip to a restaurant IME
    Hey MoK, good to see you're still around.

So you don't think it's a little soon? We haven't even discussed where the relationship is going as it's been very casual whenever we've seen each other (to the stage where I had to check she was actually interested). I don't want her to think I'm going too fast because I think she's the type of person who would get spooked by that.
    As I was reading your post I was thinking that as it's so soon into the relationship then you should cook her something and then....

It's romantic without being too pressuring IMHO
    i think it's a lovely idea and you can just have a cuddle on the sofa and watch the tv, without implying anything. and anyone can buy a meal, but to go to the effort of cooking one yourself shows that you really care about her.
    omg hi wrote: »
    i think it's a lovely idea and you can just have a cuddle on the sofa and watch the tv, without implying anything. and anyone can buy a meal, but to go to the effort of cooking one yourself shows that you really care about her.

:yes:

I think its a great idea! Will also give you ideas about what she feels about the relationship as well
    im gonna go with my boyfriend to the restaurant we went on our first date :) and we have bought each other cards and pressies which we will give to each other and also probably go to a bar later on in the evening, i'm really looking forward to it, we went out, split up then went out again, been going out since october
    Hi ya, what you suggested sounds realy nice for her, as it allows you two to unwind and relax together in a comfortable setting, a nice card and cozy meal for the two of you will do wonders for what sounds like the start of new relationship, a nice candlelit meal and a cozy melo setting was very first date I had with my girlfriend back in July, to which I so happy to say we're still together, best of luck to you
    yeah our first date chad was lovely we were so happy and all lovey dovey :) can't wait till this week when we see each other 4 ur birthday then to spend valentines together, seems ages away when we went on our 1st date, u liked bella italia tho? bet some of the restaurants will put things on for valentines day, romantic meal and settings with music.
    Hi there Jazza,

Nice to hear you have a valentine ;)

It's always good to go with your instinct. You seem to already know what she might like, after only a month, so this is a good sign.

If you are worried she will think you want anything other than cuddles, then simply be honest mentioning to her that you think it will be a more relaxed environment (instead of crowded loud restaurants) and that it will enable you to get to know each other better.

Hope you have a good time :) let us know how you get on!
    Haha for anyone who remembers me - there's still 2 weeks for me to mess it up :P

I'm glad everyone seems to think it's a good idea so I think I'll go with it. I'll let you all know how it goes :)