Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

penis problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My name is scot and im 17.
up until recently my foreskin has been too tight to pull back.
earlier today i managed to pul it bak fully nd now im freaking. it feels like the top of my penis is getting strangled by the tight skin. also the head of my penis is super sensitive, so much so that i can barely walk around with it rubbing off my pants. I'm freaking out, is it normal? will the sensitivity go away? what can i do? help would be greatly appreciated!!!

PLEASE HELP. IM FREAKING OUT!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If your foreskinis too tight then yes it will "strangle" the head of the penis, this is not good.

Try to ease the foreskin back over, but do keep working on stretching it.

If you can't put it back it might be a good idea to pop along to your NHS walk in centre. don't want to get gangrene after all.

Doctors call this "Paraphimosis" and you can read about it on theSite here
    Thanks a million, ill make sure to get to a doctor first thing tomoro.
    You do happen to no anything about the sensitivity either? is that normal like?
    Its normal. If you're cut from a young age (example) you are already used to the rubbing so you get used to it, since you're uncut you would have to get used to it, if you don't keep your foreskin that is.
    Get circumcised
    Get circumcised

yeah. It shouldnt be like that. Its too tight.
    A simple circumcision will sort you out. Nip to the doctor
    While it is true it shouldn't be like that, circumcision is a last resort, not the first port of call.
    Hunt through the boards for posts by Teagen on the subject, there are some really good ones from a while back where he explains how to go about the stretching thing.
    A simple circumcision will sort you out. Nip to the doctor

The words "simple" and "circumcision" really don't go together.
    I've had the same problem as Scot. Eventually it will loosen up, so don't panic.
    I think circumcision would be an extreme measure.
    Big Gay wrote: »
    While it is true it shouldn't be like that, circumcision is a last resort, not the first port of call.

I was told by my Doctor once that a circumstition would desensify your pleasure, better for her, worse for you, you would last longer as well and it will be more clean but you dont want to go for that option unless really neccesery :thumb:
    it may be worth speaking to your GP as well just to check that the stretching techniques are suitable.
    Do they talk about this in sex-ed at school in the uk?

They really should include it, i remember my dad asking if i can pull it back or not when i was about 10? i could so i had no problem, it made it easier to wee so i though cool, that was that!

My bro had a little problem and went to the hospital, the just has to cut it a bit, not circumstise but i think it was tight like yours?

My cousin said he never knew anything about pulling the skin back as nobody told him about that and the first time he had sex it ripped it back and was really really painful for him...
    scottodots wrote: »
    My name is scot and im 17.
    up until recently my foreskin has been too tight to pull back.
    earlier today i managed to pul it bak fully nd now im freaking. it feels like the top of my penis is getting strangled by the tight skin. also the head of my penis is super sensitive, so much so that i can barely walk around with it rubbing off my pants. I'm freaking out, is it normal? will the sensitivity go away? what can i do? help would be greatly appreciated!!!

PLEASE HELP. IM FREAKING OUT!!

Don't keep the foreskin retracted, roll it back over your cock as it was previously.

I can tell you from experience that stretching the skin is all that is required, look up some guides to doing this - it's an easy solution to a common problem. Getting it to loosen up & roll back normally may take a little time but its preferable to circumcision, I would not recommend opting to mutilate yourself needlessly although some people, doctors included, would suggest it - unfortunately ignorance, and I suspect malice, still prevail when it comes to circumcision.
    If it's too painful, use lube. You don't have to buy it, you can get them from most centres. Just do a search for your local places. Just remember to not leave it pulled back, or force it back.
    Hi again, alright Iv been to a doc, and the emergency room. Now I'm jus out of a consultation with a urologist who yelled me I need a sort of half circumcision. I want now If I should go for the operation or not. Would just this stretching work? I dnt want to have an operation if its unesscary.
    How long would I be out if I had the operation? Would girls freak at the sight of my cock? If people with experience or some sort of medical background could help it would be great.
    It sounds as though your urologist seems to think it's pretty important to do it, so I say do it. There is no 'normal' when it comes to willies - I've seen foreskins in all shapes and sizes, and haven't freaked out once. I'm betting most women won't even know the difference.
    Do they talk about this in sex-ed at school in the uk?

My cousin said he never knew anything about pulling the skin back as nobody told him about that and the first time he had sex it ripped it back and was really really painful for him...

This happened to someone I know as well..... Someone somewhere should really be telling guys about it!
    scottodots wrote: »
    Hi again, alright Iv been to a doc, and the emergency room. Now I'm jus out of a consultation with a urologist who yelled me I need a sort of half circumcision. I want now If I should go for the operation or not. Would just this stretching work? I dnt want to have an operation if its unesscary.

It is unneccessary, myself and others on here have already told you we've had this and had no need for circumcision, we can tell you from experience that regular stretching exercises while or after having a bath or shower will do the trick!

getting circumcised because you have a tight foreskin is ridiculous, the head of your cock isn't intended to be permanently exposed and rubbed against your clothing - if you get circumcised, not only will you be removing a highly sensitive piece of skin which plays an important role in sexual pleasure but you will feel discomfort and pain until the head itself becomes densitised.

There are various BS arguments put forward in favour of circumcision, all of which are fallacious.

the fact is, your foreskin is stretchable, the skin is very stretchy. that's all you need to do - take hold of either side and pull as firmly as you can without causing pain or a tear, hold for a minute, then repeat each day. It shouldn't be long before you begin to see a difference, it will retract more and more until it slips back normally. you can get cream/lubricant to help.
    How long would I be out if I had the operation? Would girls freak at the sight of my cock? If people with experience or some sort of medical background could help it would be great.

Don't get the operation. I suspect you've got sex looking likely in the near future and you're after a quick fix - i suggest you read up on some anti-circumcision material, go to google and look for this and check out youtube. educate yourself on what you're opting for, and consider the fact there is an easy (although perhaps not immediate) alternative that doesn't involve removing part of your genitalia.

would girls freak out at the sight of your cock? well they do at mine and I'm uncircumcised. but that's more shock & awe :cool:

in the USA some girls find uncut to be offputting because circumcision has been the norm in the past so the reverse could be true over here, I couldn't tell you.

I wouldn't place too much emphasis on what a medical professional has to say, you will find plenty of medical professionals who merely repeat what they read in a textbook years ago, and circumcision has been used willy-nilly (tee hee hee) based on so-called professional opinion.