Home Politics and Debate
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month

thats so gay

13

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's only offensive if you let it be. It's stupid to take phrases not aimed at you offensive and it just shows how insecure you are with your sexuality. I dont' take offense when someone calls me a nigger, fag, porch monkey, spear chucker, homo, butt pirate, or any other prejudice terms so why should I be offended when they aren't talking about me? People should just stop being gay about it and learn to not take thing so seriously.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Alternatively he could move to Cumbria, Dunblane or Hungerford

    Homophobia :mad:

    Xenophobia :yippe:


    In the words of warcraft

    /care
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    What an uncompassionate cunt you are

    Hopefully you'll fuck off again soon, probably get hit by a big truck or get involved with one of those mass shootings they have in America

    :yes: The banhammer should fall soon.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Let me get this straight.

    You're saying that I should get banned for having an opinion that you don't like. But RubberSkin is a-okay for wishing death on another member of the forums?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah the joys of the ignore list
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldn't have been the guy who whipped the bullies' asses in High School.

    I made a gorilla tap-out one time. We should swap stories.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I made a gorilla tap-out one time. We should swap stories.

    Kawaii, brah. I once strangled all three heads of the chimaira with my serrated chest hairs. :3
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Let me get this straight.

    You're saying that I should get banned for having an opinion that you don't like. But RubberSkin is a-okay for wishing death on another member of the forums?

    Seriously.

    All he said that the political correctness is lame, and that he doesn't condone suicide. He never said anything to do with thinking it's good for gays to kill themselves or anything that pointed to him being homophobic. You guys are the ones wishing death on people.

    I agree with him. I think it's ridiculous how far some kids go with the bullying thing, but suicide is never the answer. If there's one thing I've learned in the past 6 years it's that we can control our own emotions, we always have that ability. Feeling hopeless? Learn how to cope, and fix it. Yeah, it's hard, but you're not exactly the first person to go through something shitty.

    I find it disgusting how everyone focuses on "Oh those poor kids who killed themselves" whenever it's in the media but the rest of the time don't even think about it. That pissed me off with that "wear purple" thing that went around Facebook a few months back. All of a sudden everyone cared due to a mere handful of suicides, and decided to basically glorify those kids as martyrs. The bullies did not force them to commit suicide, in the end they themselves chose to do it. They chose to give up.

    I have compassion for the ones who get bullied and keep going, who learn how to cope and who are able to learn how to not be a victim. This doesn't apply just to gay kids, but to anyone. After-all, gays aren't the only kids who get bullied, just the only ones that everyone decides are important enough to wear a pretty t-shirt for. Once you cop out and end it, though... I have no respect for that. I respect those who keep fighting.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    After-all, gays aren't the only kids who get bullied, just the only ones that everyone decides are important enough to wear a pretty t-shirt for.

    Maybe because homophobic bullying isn't taken as seriously by schools or society in general? Just a thought. There seems to be a massive difference between the way racism is dealt with, and the way homophobia is dealt with, for example. I can't imagine any school ignoring the former. Well actually I can, but mainly when I think about schools in the 60s and 70s.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe because homophobic bullying isn't taken as seriously by schools or society in general? Just a thought. There seems to be a massive difference between the way racism is dealt with, and the way homophobia is dealt with, for example. I can't imagine any school ignoring the former. Well actually I can, but mainly when I think about schools in the 60s and 70s.

    It's not taken as seriously. That's why it get so much media attention when a gay kid kills themselves and then gets posted all over Facebook within a day, right? That's why everyone wore purple, a color associated with homosexuality, and the focus was on the gay community rather than on reaching out to any kid who gets bullied. Because people don't care about gay kids as much as other kids. That's also why "that's so gay" is such a hot topic, because no one gives a shit, right?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not taken as seriously. That's why it get so much media attention when a gay kid kills themselves and then gets posted all over Facebook within a day, right? That's why everyone wore purple, a color associated with homosexuality, and the focus was on the gay community rather than on reaching out to any kid who gets bullied. Because people don't care about gay kids as much as other kids. That's also why "that's so gay" is such a hot topic, because no one gives a shit, right?

    Erm, things become big topics when people choose to publicize them. They choose to publicize them because they aren't currently being given the publicity they think they deserve. And they have to continue to do so, because the world is full of people who use all of their efforts trying to convince everyone that it's not really an issue, and we shouldn't worry about it too much. After all, who cares if a few kids kill themselves, right? No point trying to address the underlying issues there, and prevent more kids from following, eh?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Erm, things become big topics when people choose to publicize them. They choose to publicize them because they aren't currently being given the publicity they think they deserve. And they have to continue to do so, because the world is full of people who use all of their efforts trying to convince everyone that it's not really an issue, and we shouldn't worry about it too much. After all, who cares if a few kids kill themselves, right? No point trying to address the underlying issues there, and prevent more kids from following, eh?

    Oh, I get it. So getting a ton of attention means it's not actually being given any attention.

    Maybe it didn't get so much attention in the past, but it's a super hot topic now. And who's saying it's not an issue? All I've said is that I don't respect suicide or people who treat suicides as martyrs.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, the ton of attention means it's still not being taken seriously. Do you think we've solved climate change because people talk about it alot, too? Publicity does not equal something being done about an issue. And like every other issue, there are always people opposing it or trying to downplay it, for various reasons. It doesn't take a genius to work out which organisations would have an interest in downplaying homophobic bullying, for example.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, the ton of attention means it's still not being taken seriously. Do you think we've solved climate change because people talk about it alot, too? Publicity does not equal something being done about an issue. And like every other issue, there are always people opposing it or trying to downplay it, for various reasons. It doesn't take a genius to work out which organisations would have an interest in downplaying homophobic bullying, for example.

    Who said bullying was solved? You're continuing to put words in my mouth. Let me restate what I originally said one more time: People are jumping on the bandwagon because homosexuality is such a hot topic, but the focus is on turning acts of suicide into martyrdom rather than on truly doing something to help kids you see being bullied. (I'm sure the gay kid at your school appreciates you wearing purple that one day out of the year, but what does it actually do for him, after you go back to your normal lives the next day?) Bullying in general doesn't get as much coverage as the LGBT scene does. Is that because it's not as big of a problem, by your logic?

    (I disagree with climate change, though. Look at the history, and you'll see that climate change is normal. Some years are abnormally cold, some are abnormally warm. In medieval times we had the Medieval Warming Period and then the Little Ice Age, for instance. Was this because they were driving automobiles? The climate changes on its own all the time, end of story. Let us also not forget that scientists have deliberately hidden/suppressed information that went against the "omg global warming" hysteria. Stop buying into the paranoia. Yes, pollution sucks. However, it's not about to jumpstart the apocalypse.)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Didn't read the rest. but
    All he said that the political correctness is lame, and that he doesn't condone suicide.

    he needs to pick his words more wisely in the future then. It's not the first time he has said something really off the mark. He's still on my ignore list, I won't be viewing those other posts of his. I wouldn't wish death upon him, but I just quoted Rubber's full post. Notice the bold? I hope he'll fuck off again.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Didn't read the rest. but

    he needs to pick his words more wisely in the future then. It's not the first time he has said something really off the mark. He's still on my ignore list, I won't be viewing those other posts of his. I wouldn't wish death upon him, but I just quoted Rubber's full post. Notice the bold? I hope he'll fuck off again.

    Ignore someone just because you don't agree with them...great debating tactics here.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who said bullying was solved? You're continuing to put words in my mouth. Let me restate what I originally said one more time: People are jumping on the bandwagon because homosexuality is such a hot topic, but the focus is on turning acts of suicide into martyrdom rather than on truly doing something to help kids you see being bullied. (I'm sure the gay kid at your school appreciates you wearing purple that one day out of the year, but what does it actually do for him, after you go back to your normal lives the next day?) Bullying in general doesn't get as much coverage as the LGBT scene does. Is that because it's not as big of a problem, by your logic?
    Bullying in general doesn't get a massive amount of coverage. However, homophobic bullying, like racial bullying before it, is subject to a lot of denial from interest groups interested in maintaining a situation where homosexuality is seen as negative. And in many cases, these interest groups have a strong say in schools, either through directly running them in the UK, or having strong influence on school boards in America. That is why it's a specific case. Nobody is fighting for the right to bully others, but plenty are fighting for their right to continue homophobic behaviour towards others, and specifically downplaying homophobic bullying, in the same way the people used to downplay racial bullying, is just one tactic.
    (I disagree with climate change, though. Look at the history, and you'll see that climate change is normal. Some years are abnormally cold, some are abnormally warm. In medieval times we had the Medieval Warming Period and then the Little Ice Age, for instance. Was this because they were driving automobiles? The climate changes on its own all the time, end of story. Let us also not forget that scientists have deliberately hidden/suppressed information that went against the "omg global warming" hysteria. Stop buying into the paranoia. Yes, pollution sucks. However, it's not about to jumpstart the apocalypse.)

    This isn't the thread for this, but oh dear.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ignore someone just because you don't agree with them...great debating tactics here.
    Er, no actually. Ignored him AGES ago because of some of the totally unneeded and offensive things he has said. I'm not ignoring him because I don't agree with what he says. Even though I don't agree with most of what he says. So wind your neck back in please.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    he needs to pick his words more wisely in the future then. It's not the first time he has said something really off the mark. He's still on my ignore list, I won't be viewing those other posts of his. I wouldn't wish death upon him, but I just quoted Rubber's full post. Notice the bold? I hope he'll fuck off again.

    I don't have to watch anything. I said what I meant and meant what I said. If sanctimonious pissants get uppity about it, that's not my problem.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Er, no actually. Ignored him AGES ago because of some of the totally unneeded and offensive things he has said. I'm not ignoring him because I don't agree with what he says. Even though I don't agree with most of what he says. So wind your neck back in please.

    My neck? If you find what he says unneeded and offensive that means you don't agree with them.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,180 Skive's The Limit
    I don't have to watch anything. I said what I meant and meant what I said. If sanctimonious pissants get uppity about it, that's not my problem.

    Despite being the debate board this is still part of a youth advice site and has to remain accessible to vunerable young people. Some of them may be worried about having homsexual feelings or being bullied - unless your a complete cunt it would be worth keeping that in mind.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bullying in general doesn't get a massive amount of coverage. However, homophobic bullying, like racial bullying before it, is subject to a lot of denial from interest groups interested in maintaining a situation where homosexuality is seen as negative. And in many cases, these interest groups have a strong say in schools, either through directly running them in the UK, or having strong influence on school boards in America. That is why it's a specific case. Nobody is fighting for the right to bully others, but plenty are fighting for their right to continue homophobic behaviour towards others, and specifically downplaying homophobic bullying, in the same way the people used to downplay racial bullying, is just one tactic.
    Okay. Let's go back to my point that treating people who commit suicide as martyrs is stupid (regardless of their reason), rather than telling me that gays get bullied a lot which I have already agreed with multiple times.

    My problem is not that the media tells us that gay kids are being bullied. It's that we look at people who commit suicide and go, "Oh, that poor thing, they were so brave in their life for putting up with that." Suicide is not brave. It is not noble. It does not deserve to be glorified.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    Despite being the debate board this is still part of a youth advice site and has to remain accessible to vunerable young people. Some of them may be worried about having homsexual feelings or being bullied - unless your a complete cunt it would be worth keeping that in mind.

    What the hell? He said he disagrees with suicide and that obsessing over being politically correct is silly. That's offensive to any kid who gets bullied? Is a gay kid going to commit suicide now?
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,180 Skive's The Limit
    My problem is not that the media tells us that gay kids are being bullied. It's that we look at people who commit suicide and go, "Oh, that poor thing, they were so brave in their life for putting up with that." Suicide is not brave. It is not noble. It does not deserve to be glorified.

    No it's tragic. It's horrific that somebody has come to a point where they see not other route other than to take their own lives.

    's certainly not something to be treated with disdain.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    No it's tragic. It's horrific that somebody has come to a point where they see not other route other than to take their own lives.

    's certainly not something to be treated with disdain.

    So anyone who commits suicide should be treated as a martyr? Do you think it's perfectly fine to give up? I advocate pushing forward, knowing you have the strength within you to get through it, and coming out of the experience as a better, stronger person. Is that a bad thing?
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,180 Skive's The Limit
    What the hell? He said he disagrees with suicide and that obsessing over being politically correct is silly. That's offensive to any kid who gets bullied? Is a gay kid going to commit suicide now?

    It was more is response the the comment about bullied kids commiting suicide and how it "sucks to be them"
    Add to that previous comments about retards and down's syndrome and I think my comment was fair.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Despite being the debate board this is still part of a youth advice site and has to remain accessible to vunerable young people. Some of them may be worried about having homsexual feelings or being bullied - unless your a complete cunt it would be worth keeping that in mind.

    Problem with that. You're assuming my feelings on suicide is at all affected by my feelings on homosexuality. As the Clan that The Chief rolls with actually has a gay person in it and the Chief also stated earlier that he has stood up for people who were being bullied (regardless of sexual preference), it's nonsensical to presume that anyone would think I would bully them for their sexual orientation.

    Regardless, if my unwillingness to walk on eggshells (which is unhealthy, mind you) makes me a cunt, then by all means, call me Chief Jay Strongcunt. I love the mantra of bleeding heart progressives: "SPEAK YOUR MIND, BE WHO YOU ARE AND DON'T BE AFRAID OF WHAT PEOPLE THINK (unless of course, you disagree with us, in which case... shut. the fuck. up.)"
    Er, no actually. Ignored him AGES ago because of some of the totally unneeded and offensive things he has said. I'm not ignoring him because I don't agree with what he says. Even though I don't agree with most of what he says. So wind your neck back in please.

    Which means you read all of my posts from quotes by other people. Good job making yourself look like an assclown.
    It was more is response the the comment about bullied kids commiting suicide and how it "sucks to be them"
    Add to that previous comments about retards and down's syndrome and I think my comment was fair.

    I love how you people try to twist things.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,180 Skive's The Limit
    So anyone who commits suicide should be treated as a martyr?

    It's tragic. I think anybody who doesn't feel the slightest sympathy aint right in the head to be honest.

    QUOTE=Clan Mother Red;2388142]Do you think it's perfectly fine to give up? I advocate pushing forward, knowing you have the strength within you to get through it, and coming out of the experience as a better, stronger person. Is that a bad thing?[/QUOTE]

    Not a bad thing. Just very naive.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not a bad thing. Just very naive.

    So, it's naive to not give up? Recall back to your post before:
    Despite being the debate board this is still part of a youth advice site and has to remain accessible to vunerable young people. Some of them may be worried about having homsexual feelings or being bullied - unless your a complete cunt it would be worth keeping that in mind.

    Good job advocating to kids being bullied that it's the right thing to do to kill themselves.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    It's tragic. I think anybody who doesn't feel the slightest sympathy aint right in the head to be honest.
    If I knew the person, I would feel a sense of loss. I don't cry over people who make their own decision to end their lives when I don't even know them. You can't cause someone to commit suicide, they choose it themselves. They do it. To. Themselves. I don't sympathize with something they willingly did of their own power. If you choose cut your own foot off, I won't sympathize with you when you have trouble walking. I think suicide is cowardly. It's the "easy way out" because you think it's just too hard to keep fighting. Newsflash: Life's hard; get a helmet. Nothing is impossible, and that includes having the willpower to not kill yourself.

    I don't think it's naive to tell people that they are capable of surviving, to want to push them to succeed with life rather than indirectly saying that suicide is sometimes okay if you're really really sad.
This discussion has been closed.