Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

MISSING: The Clan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have they gone already?

All turn up at once. Post manically for a few days. Get into a few rows, post some funny shit too... then... *poof*.... gone :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    ohh it is a bit radom - i hope they come back in a werid way - but maybe we were too European for them...
  • Options
    well they werent exactly made to feel welcome were they
  • Options
    Well, Mother Red and the others never had any real issues with that, just the man himself seemed to get a few backs up...

Still they were, at least, lively!
  • Options
    Yeah for a few days P&D looked like the old days. If they have gone it's a shame...
  • Options
    well they werent exactly made to feel welcome were they

:yes:
  • Options
    There was a bit of discontent in the beginning but i got the impression everything was sorted out?
  • Options
    it wasnt sorted out.
    I think clan mother would have got on alright(cant remember the others), but strongpeen was a bit of a leader and the others all seemed like his hareem, so if he wanted out, probably because of the harsh reaction to his relationship guide, then they would have all followed him.

I think the cliqueyness of this site can be a bit of a problem for newbies, especially if they dont come in meekly, they get basically forced out
  • Options
    I just think they were a little "in your face" compared to the majority of posters, and they really did not have a sense of humour :no:

Having said that i did think Clan Mother Red was ok.
  • Options
    they had their own sense of humour and their own jokes together didnt they. Felt a bit intimidating to join in
  • Options
    Have they gone? I fucking well hope so.

Maybe Strongpreen would have been alright if he hadn't been a self-centred self-obsessed cunt. Fair enough having strong opinions, but when you start claiming that my wife is an idiotic dog for marrying me, well, you can just go and fuck yourself. Hopefully he did, with a double barrelled shotgun.

As for the rest of them, they seemed alright when they weren't trying to outdo each other as to the furthest they could climb up his rectum.
  • Options
    I guess I missed them.
  • Options
    Clan mother seemed ok.
  • Options
    quite honestly, while I didn't take part in much of the debates, I found them all, bar clan mother, annoying as hell
    The guy that did the guide, a prick, imo couldn't take any constructive contrism thus me thinking him a prick
  • Options
    Agreed with the rest of you, Strongpeen was the only one I couldn't bare, the rest seemed quite nice. It's a shame the rest left, thought Clan Mother was the nicest of them all.

:wave: if you're lurking.
  • Options

I think the cliqueyness of this site can be a bit of a problem for newbies, especially if they dont come in meekly, they get basically forced out

I don't think this is the case at all. I hardly saw and more newcomer friendly forum than this one. It's just if someone comes in who thinks he fucking owns this place that people - understandably - don't comply.
  • Options
    They were a strange bunch. Their leader sent me a PM showering me with compliments and wanting to add me on MSN messenger, this was before I had even posted on any of the threads they were involved in...

Bizarre!
    :chin:
  • Options
    I think their arrival on the site was rather too 'in-yer-face' instead of arriving more quietly, build relationships and gather the general tone of the contributors before posting such controversial threads. Because of this, we may have become 'reactive' rather than 'welcoming'.

Jay did seem to be surrounded by acolytes and made some statements that were like a red rag to a bull on here but I think he is a genuinely okay guy ... we've had far worse people on here. He just needed to tone things down and be prepared that people can have strong and valid counter opinions. There is no doubt that essentially he was a smart boy and he wrote pretty well too ... but perhaps a bit too blinded by his Glenn Beck-style view on life?

Come back anyway! The only people that should be shunned are those that are banned. None of the Clan got that far.
  • Options
    yeah he was obviously intelligent and educated, but he was arrogant with it and that never goes down well with brits. I think americans dont mind that so much
  • Options
    yeah he was obviously intelligent and educated, but he was arrogant with it and that never goes down well with brits. I think americans dont mind that so much

My issue with the chief was the blasé comments made towards people with disabilities. He would use statistics to back his argument up, then when people realised that his facts didnt actually back his argument up and other people posted information to back up the counter argument, statistics suddenly became a load of crap.

He would often say something, and rather than discuss the debate, would shoot down every other point made even if it slightly agreed with him. He also treated the place like an american debate and didnt like any UK themed debates that much even though this is a UK based site.
  • Options
    can you give examples of the blasé comments regarding disabilities
  • Options
    It was removed by **helen** but there was a throw away reference he made to hoping or suggesting someone's kids were likely to have downs syndrome.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    It can be cliquey here but I don't think that was it. They all seemed fine apart from the Cheif fella - loved himself far too much and shouldn't have been throwing around downe syndrome and retarded insults.

Still, shame if they have gone. They added a bit of diversity.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »

What have diversity got to do with this?

diversity-pic-getty-596370961.jpg
  • Options
    It can be cliquey here but I don't think that was it.

I agree. However, from what I've read, they did seem a bit in your face.
  • Options
    Indeed melian, ie if one of them in particular said something that was universally panned by many users in here, it was our fault because we were the ones that he disagreed with.

I found it bordering on the insane when someone tried arguing with Katralla about why it was her fault (and that she was wrong) that she took offence when people used the word nigger.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I think their arrival on the site was rather too 'in-yer-face' instead of arriving more quietly, build relationships and gather the general tone of the contributors before posting such controversial threads. Because of this, we may have become 'reactive' rather than 'welcoming'.

Jay did seem to be surrounded by acolytes and made some statements that were like a red rag to a bull on here but I think he is a genuinely okay guy ... we've had far worse people on here. He just needed to tone things down and be prepared that people can have strong and valid counter opinions. There is no doubt that essentially he was a smart boy and he wrote pretty well too ... but perhaps a bit too blinded by his Glenn Beck-style view on life?

Come back anyway! The only people that should be shunned are those that are banned. None of the Clan got that far.
    The thing is, it depends by what you mean of intelligent. Anyone who has the Glenn Beck style of life, isn't intelligent in my view. He was intelligent (since it is a form of intelligence) to understand and learn, but I wouldn't say intelligent in braniac sense. I actually can't stand Glenn Beck. I'd think he was an okay guy in life, but we can say that about everyone until we bring up a certain subject, like guns. Then shit will hit a fan.
  • Options
    In arguing with the chiefthere seemed to be two types of poster - people like Teagan who presented arguments and evidence for opposing views and a majority of others who when rocked out of their cosy complancency started throwing toys around like five year olds before screaming they were putting him on ignore. To be frank I wouldn't have stayed around either...
  • Options

I think its the other way round.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    It can be cliquey here but I don't think that was it. They all seemed fine apart from the Cheif fella - loved himself far too much and shouldn't have been throwing around downe syndrome and retarded insults.

:yes: I'm inclined to agree. Pretty good summary from most of you in this thread actually... would be cool if they read this. :chin:

Arctic Roll though, seriously? Tone it down fella.
  • Options
    The others might have been alright if they weren't his stooges, perhaps. I guess we'll never know, perhaps they'll get the idea that hanging around with a guy like that isn't good for them