Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

gay barebacking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is this true that barebacking is what gaymen do in order to get hiv coz they dont feel gay unless they have it? think its some sort of mental problem ?

Comments

• Options
    :eek2:
  • Options
    *points to the door*
  • Options
    this is a legit question. i was asked do "I know what barebacking is" and the guy I was speaking to started to tell me about this gay thing like i said in my first post
  • Options
    *points to the door*
  • Options
    is this true that barebacking is what gaymen do in order to get hiv coz they dont feel gay unless they have it? think its some sort of mental problem ?

No, it's not true.
  • Options
    it is actually becoming a problem amongst a small subsection of the gay community, but it IS a very small minority
  • Options
    Do some gay men bareback (have sex without a rubber) ? Yes

Do some gay men bareback to get HIV ? Yes

Do some gay men bareback to get HIV because they don't feel 'gay' without it. There might be a few but i would imagine that's a very, very small minority.
  • Options
    thanks for the answers. hopefully it wasnt offensive to anyone :)

It is interesting to know why a person would want to get hiv, is there any reason?
  • Options
    thanks for the answers. hopefully it wasnt offensive to anyone :)

It is interesting to know why a person would want to get hiv, is there any reason?

Wasn't offensive to me and i'm the only HIV+ bum boy on here AFAIK :D
  • Options
    Didn't want anyone to think i was trolling with a question like that. thanks again.:wave:
  • Options

The reasons i've heard from other people and read about -

Some people are so terrified of catching it they think if they go out and get it intentionally it gives them 'power' over the situatuion and also they won't have to worry about it anymore.

Some people get off on it and there are HIV+ guys who get off infecting other guys.

Some people think it's the magical gateway to an eternity of health related benefits (sitting on ya arse all day and getting paid for it).
  • Options
  • Options
    Most gay men bareback for the same reason straight and bi men do - they believe the experience is better without a condom, and that it'll never happen to them.

If you wanted to catch HIV then needle sharing is a better bet.

I could agree that wanting to get HIV to make yourself feel properly gay is a mental problem. Being properly gay is wanting to have relationships (emotional or sexual) with people who are the same sex (physical or mental) as you.
  • Options
    i read that some people do it because they liken it to getting pregnant by someone, a really romantic thing to do.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Being properly gay is wanting to have relationships (emotional or sexual) with people who are the same sex (physical or mental) as you.

:yes: :thumb: