What's this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought a punnett of mushrooms from my local greet grocer today, usually very reliable, but today in my box I found this mushroom (photo attached). It has a blue-y purple hue, about five cm long. I can't find a match for it online, and I probably won't eat it but I was curious to know what it is. It may be coincidental, but my fingers feel a little tingly for having handled it. Any ideas?

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No idea. The vast majority of fungi are not poisonous, but then i wouldn't eat it either :) I suppose it's possible it could of been growing on/in something and absorbed the coulour. Dunno if that can happen.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,011 I eat threads for breakfast
    Evenstar wrote: »
    It may be coincidental, but my fingers feel a little tingly for having handled it. Any ideas?

    Coincidence. Don't know of any poisonous mushrooms that will make you hands tingle. You need to injest several grams of even the most deadly aminita to become ill.

    Wouldn't eat a mushroom I cant identify though.
Sign In or Register to comment.