Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worried, and starting to panic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay.. i wasnt 100% sure where to put this, but figured it links to my body...

So... around 3 weeks ago i had unprotected sex, and didnt want to tell my mum (who had grounded me for messy room), so couldnt get a morning after pill...

I decided to wait to see if my period came before i tried to get hold of a test...

and now its come a couple of days early, but i thought nothing of it as im not 100% sure how long my cycle is at the moment.
but now im starting to wonder, because it is incredibly heavy... for example, the tampons i usually use are overflowing after 2 hours, when i can normally use them for around 4...

am i just over reacting , because ive only been having periods for 3 years.. or should i be worried?

Comments

• Options
    Well, I don't think a heavy period is a sign of pregnancy. If anything, you'd be more likely to have a lighter-than-normal period or to miss it altogether. Implantation bleeding is going to be lighter than a typical period as well, more like spotting, so that's not what this is.

Even when you're generally regular, you can still occasionally get your period a few days before or after the day you expect them on. Hell, I'm on birth control and I still sometimes start bleeding a few days off-schedule. xD

I wouldn't worry about it for now. If you start having pregnancy symptoms or you're just plain worried about it still, you can always go ahead and pick up a pregnancy test to make sure. I'd say you're probably in the clear, though.
  • Options
    If you start having pregnancy symptoms or you're just plain worried about it still, you can always go ahead and pick up a pregnancy test to make sure. I'd say you're probably in the clear, though.

:yes:
  • Options
    i was worrying about miscarriage to be honest... :/

but i guess i wont know
  • Options
    Hi Tryingtobestrong,

Knowing if this heavy period was a miscarriage, as you say, may be difficult to know. If you were pregnant and had enough pregnancy hormones, they may still be hanging around in your body - so you could always do a pregnancy test?

However, I suppose it's about what you would get of knowing this information? How woudl you feel if it was a miscarriage? Many women experience miscarriages without knowing in the first few weeks due to no fault of thier own, but just that the egg didn't plant right, or it wasn't a healthy egg etc.

To be sure about all of this and for your future sexual health - perhaps you could see your Doctor or a sexual health nurse (GUM Clinics). Check out the links provided too as they may help you.

Take care and keep posting - :)
  • Options

i guess knowing would be nice for me.. especially if i could find out its just a bit of an odd period. My dad is a hypocondriac, and although im not i also worry about some things.. and i guess i would start panicking a little..
    but im just gonna try to chill.. otherwise ill end up getting myself worked up..and trying to avoid that at the moment.