Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Why won't they go away?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    are you still seeing your therapist?
    have you told him that you feel worse? he might be able to give you some ways of controlling how you feel?
    i think it might help you to write about how you feel in a bit more detail.
    x
    ok sweet. who do you feel dismissed by? i don't think anyone here will dismiss you. it's how you feel and you can't help that.

i will tell you this though, from my neuropsychology notes, approximately 0.5% of the population will get PD, and 0.15% will get MS. so it's really unlikely that you would get either of these diseases. do you have any physical evidence for why you might have them? has something changed in your body or your behaviour to make you suspect that you have them, or is it just a feeling?
    I think the fact you said you have only just started taking meds again might mean you are getting side effects from them again- the hand tremors and weakness does sounds like side effects- is it antipsychs or antids or anti anxiety? or none of the above lol
    and the 'can't afford to sleep' thing is not gonna do you any good! you need sleep!
    i think it might be a good idea to go and speak to your doctor about your medication and see if you need anything changing, or if it's a case of letting things settle down again after you came off them. i am truly not dismissing your fears at all, but i think you might find that some of the things you are going through are because of the disruption to your medication. and if it was PD or MS then your doctor could tell you. also don't forget that because you are sensitive about the symptoms you are hypersensitive to anything that feels different, so you might be noticing things that really aren't significant. again i'm not dismissing you, just trying to help you think about all of the possibilities.