Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

proper fucking rage at that stupid pupil support bitch!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yeah, so the other day (after spending about a year trying to work up the courage) i finally went to my pupil suport teacher about my selfharming. it all went perfectly, which i was grateful for as i've never liked the cow. she'd never really done much to me, but that was beside the point. HOWEVER, after i'd like, finished talking to her today she was all "so, promise me you wont do something that could seriously injure you cause then i'll get in shit" blah blah, and i was like yeah whatever and then the INSENSITIVE CUNT just went, "aha, yeah then i'd slit my wrists with you LOL"

I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK?! i can just about handle people who don't know the situation with me saying shit like that - it still pisses me off, but
they don't know what's going on etc.

this woman, however, is meant to be looking after MY welfare, understanding this FUCKING PROBLEM since she keeps mentioning all those FUCKING courses she's been on to "understand" it and the bitch comes out with that?!

i mean, sure i'm probably over-reacting, but i don't think she should be saying stuff like that to me -.- anyways, rant over.
how do you reccommend i deal with stuff like this from her? i don't want to flip at her.

Comments

• Options
    Wow. That was very insensitive of her. I don't think you're overreacting by getting upset over it.

I can understand her trying to be sort of light and friendly, but what she said went a little too far. Basically, it took a serious problem that you're dealing with and turned it into a joke. I'm sure she wasn't intending to be offensive, but I can see how those words would be a major "WTF" moment for you. It would be for me, too. If she does something like that again (and I hope she doesn't), don't hesitate to say something. I'd advise against blowing up in her face, but do tell her that you think her jokes are insensitive and that you'd appreciate it if she could counsel you without making them. She probably means well and just wants to lighten things up a bit, but that's not the right way for her to do that.

I hope this turns out to be an isolated incident and that things get better with this lady. :)
  • Options
    Dont accept someone saying that joke or no joke. TELL SOMEONE else who you get on ok with. this isn't your problem so try not to make it yours leaving you to feel bad. sounds like that lady is in the wrong job!!

Welldone though for seeking help, so, so positive and i admire that

BB x
  • Options
    i think youre overreacting. The womans trying to help.
    I think it was a crap attempt to make you laugh, which obviously backfired, but she hasnt done anything awful and it would be pretty mean to get her in shit for it
  • Options
    I agree with Suzy, to be honest. I think she had good intentions and you're just taking it the wrong way.
  • Options
    It was insensitive, but well meant. Let her know you didn't appreciate the humour and move on from it and focus on making progress with her support.
  • Options
    . it all went perfectly, which i was grateful for as i've never liked the cow. she'd never really done much to me, but that was beside the point..

i think you were pleased she said something not really 100% perfect as it reinforced the fact that you already disliked her even though she'd done nothing to you
  • Options
    i think you were pleased she said something not really 100% perfect as it reinforced the fact that you already disliked her even though she'd done nothing to you
    :yes:

OP, I think your previous opinion of this woman has given you a bias towards what she said and your interpretation of how she intended it.

If you don't like her, of course you're going to take a comment like that as, 'OMG WHAT A BITCH I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE'D SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!' But being in an objective position, it seems to me that it was a poorly judged attempt to be lighthearted and break what I imagine to be a tense situation.
  • Options
    I can understand why you would get angry. Peoples jokes/ignorance about SH and depression annoy me a lot too.

I don't know why she would say that deliberately, maybe it was a slip of the tongue? Maybe give her the benefit of the doubt today, but if she does it again calmly let her know how it makes you feel. If she does it a third time, I would tell someone else about it.

Try not too get too angry though. It's not worth it *hug*
  • Options
    yeah, i realise now i was over-reacting, and as it was said, i probably WAS looking for something to latch on to because i don't like her. but, tbh, i'm not willing to let something stupid like that get in the way of sorting stuff out so i'll just forget about it :)

it was a good rant though, and cheers to everyone for putting it in to perspective! :D
  • Options
    yeah, i realise now i was over-reacting, and as it was said, i probably WAS looking for something to latch on to because i don't like her. but, tbh, i'm not willing to let something stupid like that get in the way of sorting stuff out so i'll just forget about it :)

it was a good rant though, and cheers to everyone for putting it in to perspective! :D

Really great approach to have :) so well done :thumb:

(I know I would have been angry for days :p )

All the best with everything :)
  • Options
    Really great approach to have :) so well done :thumb:

(I know I would have been angry for days :p )

All the best with everything :)

thankyou! :D