Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Short breaks in the UK (plus pregnant mrs)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm away with work as of mid February up until about the middle of April. As a treat to my other half (who will be 7 months pregnant on my return) I was thinking of taking her away for a short break in the UK. Likely a weekend though I may come back in the middle of our Easter holidays, so during the week wouldn't be a problem in that case.

Money won't be a massive issue, but I don't want to be spending hundreds and hundreds for a 2/3/4 day break if spending a little less is going to get me the same result. I don't mind spending the money but I don't want to waste it.

If anyone has any ideas of things to do and places to go, that wouldn't cause too much of a problem for the aforementioned preggers other half. I'm thinking of some things like a couple of days spa break/very nice hotel and doing the tourist thing.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    centreparcs?
    centreparcs is amazing, and congratssssss!
    Centreparcs actually looks pretty epic.
    we went with the kids last year and it was lovely, and now want to go without the kids
    we went with the kids last year and it was lovely, and now want to go without the kids

This.. went with the kids, wanna go alone without then.
    York is a lovely place x
    If you plan a spa thing then beware that there is lots of stuff she wont' be able to do because of the pregnancy - so no sauna's hot tubs etc and most of the treatments are out - so it might be more frustrating than anything else.

For my pre baby weekend away we went to france and ate loads of nice food which was yummy - we went on the ferry to avoid flying (though I went to Morocco at 25 weeks and Kenya at 20 weeks - without any problem).

So anyway my vote would be for somewhere nice and romantic with some fun things to do and some reallly nice fooooood to eat

Some of these might be of interest
    I had a lovely romantic weekend in Brighton last year.
    The Sun Newspaper start their £9.50 holidays tomorrow but im not sure what months the holidays can be taken in, they are great though, i been twice, once to Perrenporth in Cornwall for 5 days in a lovely caravan site with plently of facilities and the other time to an amazing caravan site on the southern part of Lake Garda in Italy

The Italy one would of cost hundreds if i booked direct, it was not far from the train station so we visited Verona and Venice and the Dolomite Mountains too, Not bad for £40. Flights were £80.