Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chicken soup

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I found this recipe which calls for pre cooked, leftover chicken but i was wondering if it can be made with raw chicken by cooking it in the stock, or does it always have to be pre-cooked?

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9831/roast-chicken-soup

Comments

• Options
    i would have thought it would be fine with any chicken
  • Options
    Should be absolutely fine. Just chop the raw chicken into bits, fry the onion carrots and thyme for 5-10 minutes then add the chicken and fry for another 5-10 minutes to brown it then add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer. Before you blend it, fish a bit of the chicken out and cut it in half. If it looks cooked in the middle then you are good to go, if not stick it back on for another 10 mins.
  • Options
    Awesome thanks guys :)
  • Options
    Yeah, what Lolz says. Fry for the last 5 minutes with the onions (that'll help any sugars in the meat caramelise and taste better) and then simmer with the stock. Fish out the chicken when it's done, shred it (just pull it appart with 2 forks) put it back in and carry on with the recipe.
  • Options
    Oh and that feta and spinach scone sounds fucking yummy :)
  • Options
    If u have the wings leftover as well i'd fry them for the first bit as well, they seem to leave lots of deglazable goodness in my experience