Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Dying hair platinum with SCHWARZKOPH XXL COLOUR! Product advice please~

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi :)

I'm looking for some advice on Schwartzkoph's Platinum Blonde XXL hair dye.

Like experiences,e.t.c.

My hair has been chemically treated many times before and i'm slightly worried it'll turn out yellow.

The length of my hair is above my shoulders,I had it chopped especially because I know how terrible the ends will be if I left it long.
I decided to dye my hair this way as it used to be jet black,and for the past 6 months I've had foils put in my hair to gradually highlight it to blonde.(To keep it in reasonably good condition) My hair is a medium coloured blonde/very light brown,tonal,with some areas darker/lighter than others.
(I don't mind if the colour comes out in tones).

Unfortunately the process is,and has been very costly,and I don't want to keep spending the money on it at the salon.

So I decided to buy a box colour.

But anyway,I was wondering if it does come out slightly yellow,what products should I use to help get the yellow out?

I've heard about toners,but i'm not sure if it makes any difference to the purple shampoos?

Also on the box it says to leave on for 30-45 minutes,with my medium blonde/light brown hair colour,does anyone have a rough idea how long I should leave it on?

Oh,and lastly,without a damaged scalp,does the peroxide hurt? xD

Thankyou!

Charlotte :) x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mine glowed Like a light Blub colour & was awful!!
    Mine glowed Like a light Blub colour & was awful!!

Agree'd

Never dye your hair yourself, save the money go get it done at a nice hairdresser where they do it with skill, and propper stuff. Looks much much nicer, feels nicer and normally lasts much longer. Although, if you don't have blonde hair, or your hair has been dyed before recently (specially red), i recommend using something to strip the colour from your hair or wait about 6 month before dying it.
    I used to use schwarzkoph to dye mine, but am natural blonde/light brown and was only ever to put coloured chunks onto that so not much help.

Didn't hurt or sting at all though.
    Definately strand test if you're going to do this - but if the hairdresser wasn't happy to do it I'd suggest you think twice.
    hey hunie sowi im prob bit late... id like to know if u went ahead with it ??
    I use that exact colour and i loved it although getting bit bored of it coz used it for prob a year now , i love it tho coz every other blonde turned my hair yellow, if u ent had it done and wanna see what colour mine turned out let me know ill u a piccie xx
    I would advise against using this kind of dye. I've used it and Its not the best of the dyes to use to get that platinum effect. Be Blonde I found worked better. But please bare in mind this is bleach, to get the lightened effect you will need to be constantly dying your roots every 3-4 weeks which is not recommended to dye onto the roots.

Using highlights is a much better way of going blonde, if your worried about the costs of keeping up the highlights why not try and book in with a trainee or junior stylist. I did this previous and got my full head of highlights cut and blow dry for £39. Bargain!!

I'm struggling now because I went through a patch of being unwilling to spend so much on highlights, and I started just using blonde on my roots and it turned into a silvery grey colour, which some people like but I think it looked too fake and damaged so I went red then dark red. I decided I wanted to become blonde again, so had my full head of highlights, but my hairs been dyed that much it wouldn't fully cover the dark of my hair and also where I've covered my roots previously I have a reddish band of colour! and then bright blonde roots. I'll get there in the end.

So please go and get it done professionally!!