Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whiplash and feeling ill :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so some idiot nicely decided to crash into the back of my car on Christmas eve doing approx 20 mph, I was stopped with my handbrake on at a junction. At the scene I immediately felt pain in my neck and back and was carted off in an ambulance for X-rays which was a great start to my festivities lol. Luckily nothing broken just whiplash, sore head and a poorly 2 week old car :(

Since the accident I have been feeling sick all the time to the extent I couldn't eat my crimbo dinner which I massively look forward to all year (only roast I get lol) and have been sick probs about 6 or so times in a week. I have also been getting blinding headaches and extreame tiredness! I dont think it is a bug coz I have been away with fam for new year and none of them have got any of the symptoms only me.

For anyone that has had whiplash does this sound like what you suffered with? I have been lucky so far in that last week I was on hols from work but I am due to return this week and I actually want to as I have got a lot of work on to be completed before feb and as the other girl I work with is already on the sick it won't get done unless I go in, however Im not sure how I will manage with the sick feeling and tiredness, other than drinking a ton of red bull which won't help the sickness does anyone have any suggestions please?

I am managing ok at the moment with the neck and back pain thru painkillers and hot showers to stop stiffness, so it's just the rest of it really!

Any advice would be most appreciative as I am at my witts end with it all now and just want to get back to normal :(

Thanks

AFA

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like concussion too - have you sought medical advice?
  • Options
    Can't speak about whiplash but concussion isn't good, after the confusion and struggling to do basic stuff like count change or remember where you've put something only 10 minutes previously I've had headaches on and off for weeks afterwards. You should feel better soon enough once your heads had some recouperation time though.
  • Options
    I havent been able to go back to Drs as they are shut today and I was abroad last week so didn't want to pay hefty bills. Will have to go in tomoz and see what they say! Thanks thou x
  • Options
    I've had whiplash and didn't get sick or anything like you describe.

Hope you get better soon :)