Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My sound is back to front?!

Right i've always had this problem and its fairly annoying. everytime i play games or whatever. and it sounds like an enemy is coming from the right(Because i can see them) it sounds like they are coming from the left. so i have to wear my headsets the other way round (ie, the right phone on the left ear)

anyone know what this problem is?

Cheers!!!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It might be that one of the games you play has had the sound reversed and is somehow affecting windows. It isn't a common problem but go through all your games that you play regularly and switch the audio, once at a time to see if it has any impact.
    If it doesn't then you may have faulty headphones.

Have you tried it with another pair?
    Whowhere wrote: »
    It might be that one of the games you play has had the sound reversed and is somehow affecting windows. It isn't a common problem but go through all your games that you play regularly and switch the audio, once at a time to see if it has any impact.
    If it doesn't then you may have faulty headphones.

Have you tried it with another pair?

Yeah it was the same problem with my previous headset. so im not sure it's the games!
    have you got a double sound cable thing? because if you have you just have to switch them round, other than that I have no idea
    moonlift wrote: »
    Yeah it was the same problem with my previous headset. so im not sure it's the games!

It's possibly a problem with your hardware, ie the sound card. I'm not able to find any option within Windows that will reverse the sound, can't find anything on Google either.
    Im not sure. its definately not my headset though. mine just broke (nothing related im sure) and i got a new one out, without a mic :( and the findings were the same, i heard a jeep from the wrong direction :(

the cable these headsets were all the 0.25mm jacks.

would a USB fix it?
    moonlift wrote: »
    Im not sure. its definately not my headset though. mine just broke (nothing related im sure) and i got a new one out, without a mic :( and the findings were the same, i heard a jeep from the wrong direction :(

the cable these headsets were all the 0.25mm jacks.

would a USB fix it?

Buy a new soundcard, and if you're stuck for cash and don't mind about moderate sound quality you can pickup a USB sound card for about £1 from this website. Dealextreme.co.uk

:)