Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Pill time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If I take my pill 2 hours early/late, will it mean I'm less protected? Or will it not matter?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it really depends on what pill you take. Have you got an instruction book thing in the pack? That may be the best place to look for a quick answer :)
    what pill are you on?

mind you i think even with the mini pill youve got a 3 hour window, although best to not stray too far into it as mini pills not thaT effective anyway.

Chances are youre on the combined pill, and you have a 12 hour window with that
    Hey Broken-Angel :wave:

You don't say what kind of pill you're on but this article has some good FAQs about missing the progestogen-only pill.
    If you are more than three hours late taking your progestogen-only pill or forget to take it altogether then your contraception will not work. Continue to take your pills. Your contraception will work again after two days (that is once you have taken two pills at the right time), so use condoms until then. If you have had sex since the pill was late you may want to think about using emergency contraception to reduce your chances of becoming pregnant.

And this one has info about missing the combined pill.
    Missing just one combined pill anywhere in the packet is not a problem as long as you can tick off the following: you took the last packet correctly; this is the only pill in this packet that you have missed; and you take the rest of this packet correctly. If you only miss one pill your contraception will still be working.

As purpledhaze says though, your best bet would be to have a good look through the instruction booklet which comes with the pills if you've still got it; that should tell you exactly what's right for your pill.

Hope that helps!

Cat x
    Thanks guys, Im pretty sure it's the combined pill so all is good :) x