Home Politics & Debate

Plans to block porn!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you guys think about this, i dont agree with it.

There argument is that kids are affected, i dont think kids should watch it, but i dont think this is the reason here as dvds still exist, i remember watching my dads porn tapes when i was about 9 and it didnt give me mental or emotional problems though i dont agree he should have left such easy access to the tapes in the first place and he was a fool for that (parental responsibility is the key)...

I know goverments can put country wide restrictions on any site they please, all around the world countrys have differant restrictions, n England, currently all we block is child porn, that means if a site is found to exist its put on the list (no arguments there) and no I.P address in the UK can access it, in russia there are no restrictions for anything and in strict religious countrys there are harsher restrictions, for example, all porn is restricted in certain muslim countrys
This from New Scientist

"In a report released on 18 May, the Open Net Initiative (ONI) - a partnership between the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, Harvard University, and the University of Toronto - says that at least 25 national governments block access to internet sites for political, social or security reasons.

Burma, China, Iran, Syria, Tunisia and Vietnam filter out political content such as the sites of opposition parties, while Saudi Arabia, Iran, Tunisia and Yemen concentrate on social content such as pornography, gay and lesbian material, and gambling."
I think the goverment are trying to start something, using the "save kids from porn" as a trojan horse to sneak other things through the back door in future and the blacklist will grow so we only have "Goverment approved" web access.

:eek:
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru


    I think the goverment are trying to start something, using the "save kids from porn" as a trojan horse to sneak other things through the back door in future and the blacklist will grow so we only have "Goverment approved" web access.

    :eek:

    I think we're moving towards this, I don't know if porn will be the excuse but certainly a free internet is a thorn in the side of the NWO, or the state if you prefer.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    the NWO

    It's happening faster and faster now, for sure.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Won't Somebody Please Think Of The Kids!!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm keep on seeing more evidence of a New World Order, because logically, you can come to the conclusion. But I'm still cynical over it, only because I don't want to believe it will happen. I'm ready to revolt for when shit does go down though.

    How many more golden excuses do governments need to change laws they want to, while imposing and breaking rights?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    only because I don't want to believe it will happen.

    ...But it is happening. Think about it, they wouldn't just bring about major changes to the world in a matter of days, they do it slowly over time so people have nothing to rebel over. They can pass it all off as simple government changes, but you add up what's happening all round the world, all the small changes, you get the nwo.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People watch a bit of Alex Jones on the internet and now they think we're ruled by space lizards.

    I don't believe we should in general block the internet, though I am willing to make exceptions for the exceptionally gullible...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    FG, if that was to me, I don't even know who Alex Jones is.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've not seen many of Alex Jones films actually, most notable one I can remember is The Obama Deception. I think Alex has a few screws loose somewhere, but I wouldn't say I watch any conspiracy movie, or read a conspiracy story on a blog and believe it. I just read it, check sources and make my own decision on it.

    WikiLeaks alone is proving just how logical a NWO can be. What you see isn't what you get anymore. So I wouldn't say I'm gullible.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tin hats at the ready.

    Spartist rhetoric, stat.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is a ridiculous news stories that comes around every so often.

    It is a) technically impossible b) very expensive to attempt and therefore will never happen.

    I don't think people realise that the Internet service providers REALLY don't want to get involved in this sort of thing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    WikiLeaks alone is proving just how logical a NWO can be. What you see isn't what you get anymore. So I wouldn't say I'm gullible.

    They will be on the banned list for sure :yeees:

    Its not technicllly imposable for ip providers to ban addresse's for their customers but it will still be possible to find porn/wikleaks/whatever by using p2p etc

    There will be ways around this im sure.

    The IP will have to do as the law states.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They will be on the banned list for sure :yeees:

    Its not technicllly imposable for ip providers to ban addresse's for their customers but it will still be possible to find porn/wikleaks/whatever by using p2p etc

    There will be ways around this im sure.

    The IP will have to do as the law states.

    Many people have the same IP address, and seen as there is over 4 billion IP addresses, going through them and determining which ones are allowed and not allowed isn't feasible.

    /me mumbles about Network Address Translation
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Makes no mistake, this is nothing to do with protecting children. It's about the anti-porn lobby blocking access to things they don't agree with. There is absolutely no reason why any responsible parent can't block pornography on their own computer if they wish. If they want to give away free software to block pornography for people to install as they wish, I'd happily support that. But the anti-porn lobby will never be satisfied with that, because that's not really the issue.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People watch a bit of Alex Jones on the internet and now they think we're ruled by space lizards.

    Alex Jones claims we're ruled by space lizards, are you sure about this?
    I don't believe we should in general block the internet, though I am willing to make exceptions for the exceptionally gullible...


    Yeah, you mean like the exceptionally gullible who take everything at face value or the exceptionally unobservant and mentally complacent who can't see the woods for the trees?

    Easy enough to dismiss the concept of a NWO as out of hand by simply relying on those useful "lizards from outer space" (what would you do without them? and btw, do you copy and paste?) with unintentionally ironic smugness but really not very clever. Still, if it puffs up your ego and makes you feel good about yourself, why not go for it?

    Never mind that George Bush snr made reference himself to the NWO - or that Kennedy and Einsenhower spoke of it, Benjamin Disraeli talked of secret societies exerting control from outside public view, Nelson Rockefeller conceded that the "extremists" on either side of the spectrum were correct in their accusations and admitted the goal of one world government in Time magazine, or that Winston Churchill referred publically in the Evening Standard to an international conspiracy involving secret societies and high finance...

    ...because David Icke is to be taken as the spokesman for all them!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Relax guys, if this was true I'd be keeping the NWO busy with porn requests anyway.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    Alex Jones claims we're ruled by space lizards, are you sure about this?




    Yeah, you mean like the exceptionally gullible who take everything at face value or the exceptionally unobservant and mentally complacent who can't see the woods for the trees?


    On one side we have the people who think the government are just trying to protect the sensibilities of our children, something which if you'd seen some of the shit kids are getting up to now you might agree with.

    On the other side you have people who think that it's really some mass conspiracy, that there is a secret organisation behind the scenes acting as the organ grinder and the governments are their puppets, and this organisation is just biding its time, before it seizes total power.

    I know who I think the gullible ones are, and it aint those in group number 1.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whowhere wrote: »
    On the other side you have people who think that it's really some mass conspiracy, that there is a secret organisation behind the scenes acting as the organ grinder and the governments are their puppets, and this organisation is just biding its time, before it seizes total power.

    Does your philosophy of life that
    Men (and women) need to govern or be governed. Yes some to less extent than others, but the natural order of things is a social hierachy with rules and laws, either written or unwritten.
    not extend to governments ?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whowhere wrote: »
    On one side we have the people who think the government are just trying to protect the sensibilities of our children, something which if you'd seen some of the shit kids are getting up to now you might agree with.

    By blocking internet porn you wont make a sullen, half conscious, pessimistic prat of a parent with a habitual negative attitude a better one.

    You cannot also believe that "the shit kids are getting up to now" is because they watched porn?

    And also when you say "now" you imply as if its getting worse, kids have been getting in trouble and messing around, getting pregnant, throughout the history of the human race, there has never been a blissful state period where there were no unruly children, im afraid to say it is human nature and working in housing and dealing with tenants i can say not much has changed from Oliver Twists time when people threw buckets of shit out of the window as i often find bags of nappys left in the blocks and rubbish all over the place from these dirty bastards. What can you do...

    The goverment are not trying to protect the sensibilities of our children, we live in a world where people preach at you constantly, telling you not to be fat, you can't do this, you should do that, you can't eat butter, sugar will kill you, everything is bad for you -- especially sex.
    Every natural human urge has been thwarted somewhat in one way or another, were basically living in a fake world that was created by man.

    Schools dont equip the kids with things like logic, they dont give them criteria by which to judge between good and bad in any product or sittuation. (maybe private schools do but i never had that privilge)

    The question is, IS IT NESSECCERY??? as already stated YOU CAN PUT PORN FILTERS ON IF YOU WANT TO ALREADY, if this law goes through most households will request the porn anyway so lets not pretend that it will not be easy for little Johnny to go round Frankys house and look at a website while his dad is out.

    Lets not pretend porn mags and porn dvds do not exist and that the Chinese man at ASDA's car park wont sell two for a £5 to anybody willing to buy.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whowhere wrote: »
    On one side we have the people who think the government are just trying to protect the sensibilities of our children, something which if you'd seen some of the shit kids are getting up to now you might agree with.

    I know who I think the gullible ones are, and it aint those in group number 1.

    "For the greater good", possibly one of the most dangerous expressions out there.

    I should not have to ask the Govt if I can access porn. I'm an adult FFS.

    I am, however, with Flash on this one. It's a regular story. Apparently Obama has the "off" button for the internet too :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    Apparently Obama has the "off" button for the internet too :rolleyes:

    Who mentioned Barack Obama or turning off the internet?

    :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    Who mentioned Barack Obama or turning off the internet?

    :confused:

    It's another of the "NWO can kill the 'net" conspiracy theories. It has as much validity as this one.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    It's another of the "NWO can kill the 'net" conspiracy theories. It has as much validity as this one.

    So you're saying people in governments across the world have no motivation to restrict and control what their public can and can't see, and that coporations have no motivation for monopolising the internet?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    So you're saying people in governments across the world have no motivation to restrict and control what their public can and can't see, and that coporations have no motivation for monopolising the internet?

    No, I'm saying that they don't have the capability.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    No, I'm saying that they don't have the capability.

    You're saying governments and corporations working in tandem don't potentially have that capability? :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep.

    There are examples throughout history which prove that Govts and Corporations, even when working in tandem, cannot stop the public. Freedom will always find a way.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    Yep.

    There are examples throughout history which prove that Govts and Corporations, even when working in tandem, cannot stop the public. Freedom will always find a way.

    What about NS Germany? Did freedom find a way there against the corporate state?

    Please tell me your examples, I'd like to see how these examples prove that freedom will always find a way and no-one can stop the public, given that nearly all of recorded history shows otherwise.

    I won't wait in anticipation.

    :wave:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    What about NS Germany? Did freedom find a way there against the corporate state?

    You didn't just invoke a Nazi argument, did you?

    If so, you clearly have never heard of the German Resistance or Godwin's Law
    Please tell me your examples, I'd like to see how these examples prove that freedom will always find a way and no-one can stop the public, given that nearly all of recorded history shows otherwise.

    I won't wait in anticipation.

    :wave:

    A couple of quick examples, look at the history of Central and South America. We can talk about Prohibition if you like, or the cross channel duty free trade...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    You didn't just invoke a Nazi argument, did you?

    If so, you clearly have never heard of the German Resistance or Godwin's Law



    A couple of quick examples, look at the history of Central and South America. We can talk about Prohibition if you like, or the cross channel duty free trade...

    :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So, no retort then

    Nothing about the corporate and Govt attempt to control the population is central US, Argentina, Chile and Brazil which in some cases lead to civil wars.

    Nothing about how prohibition never works, that the duty free trade crossing UK borders means that you can buy cigarettes and alcohol at 80s/90s prices still.

    Hell, we could also talk about pirate radio stations, torrent sites, file sharing etc Indeed lets go an see if either of us can find bomb making instructions on the net, because it's not like ISPs and Govts haven't tried to prevent those from being available or anything. Ditto child porn.

    But as they all show that neither Govts nor Corporation, nor a combination of the two can stop people from accessing what they want to, I guess you won't be interested.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    So, no retort then

    You're not stupid enough to believe what you're posting so no, no retort for you.
Sign In or Register to comment.